Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this might inerest a few of you guys therefore I'd like share my info with you:

World of Slot, ex Motodrom Bamberg and makers of the Bauer cars, have announced production of historic Nürburgring buildings a bit like the old Faller stuff but in 1/64 scale. One has to see to believe, that stuff is amazing.

http://www.worldofslot.de/

Mario

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't have to learn german, just look ithe upper left corner there are to tiny little flags an Union Jack and a german tricolor. If you press the english one the site is in english except the title page but if you got to tracks and then to decorations you have the buildings with a discription in english. Btw have a look at the cars, awesome as well.

Mario

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I know I had that prism-shaped Dunlop tower. Kills me that I have no idea what ever happened to it...

--rick

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Rick,

did you know that Faller had an electro-mechanical lap-counter that could be build in into the Dunlop tower?

Mario

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Hi Rick,

did you know that Faller had an electro-mechanical lap-counter that could be build in into the Dunlop tower?

Mario
just noticed this response. no, i didn't know that! do they still show up on Fleabay and such?

--rick

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Tasman,

don't know wether or not they are made out of cardboard. At least the side doesn't mention anything. But from my experience with rrr models lasercut implies a kind of cardboard.

Hi rick,

as for the Dunlop tower, they show quite frequently up on the bay, but normally wthout the lap counter but that ain't no problem as the counter themselves turn up frequently. To bring the two together is noproblem as Faller had this as an option in the normal kits.

Mario

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi Tasman,

don't know wether or not they are made out of cardboard. At least the side doesn't mention anything. But from my experience with rrr models lasercut implies a kind of cardboard.

Thanks, I wouldn't have guessed that from any of the photos. I might have sprung for a couple of the pit buildings at that price if they were plastic, not sure I will if they are cardboard (although they look very nice).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts