Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the much anticipated results of the contest.

Before I announce them, I want you all to know I had great difficulty judging the entries as you all build for the Gold. These would have been terrific if they had all been at the store in the display window, as I had intended for this contest.

First off, I'll get through the smaller catagories first.

Diorama - 1st place

Roswell 1947 by McDougall

Totally Wild - First Place

The Mummy by Mark McGovern

These two men stand alone in their field.

Concepts and One Of A Kinds

First Place

Dracula by Monster Model Man

Second Place

Death of Dracula by McDougall

And now...the hardest catagory of them all...Out Of Box.

Out of Box Catagory

First Place

The Mummy by Arc Undertaker

Second Place

Nosferatu by OzyMandias

Third Place

Sleepy Hollow by Roy Kirchoff

Fourth Place

The Creature From The Black Lagoon by Tylerh

Congradulations to all entries and I hope to see more of you enter next year.

Trevor Ursulescu
Monster Hobbies

P.S. Please PM me your Snail mail addresses. Thanx!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow! Great job everyone. Looks like everyone deserved something. Glad I didn't have to judge. Can't wait for the next contest. I was too late for this one. Hate being a newbie!!! LOL ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
:thumbsup:Congratulations to everyone!!!!! These were absolutely fantastic builds by everyone!!!

I know that the judging must have been tough and I am honored to have been given this opportunity to participate
and be included with all the awesome talent here. I have been and will continue to be inspired by each and every one of you.

:wave:Trevor,
Many, many, many special thanks to you for allowing all of us to take part in this contest. If I lived closer
I would have been at your store in a heartbeat. I wish I had a LHS in my area like the one you operate.
The model builders in your area are really lucky to have a place like yours. Much continued success with
your business my friend.

Thanks again Trevor!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A.U.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Congratulations everyone!!:thumbsup:
Well done Trevor! Please let me know if you run the comp again next year.

Chris.:)

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never give up! It was an excellent job and like I said, All of you deserved gold....the reason why I didn't judge the following day after announcing the entrants.

But since I don't have 4 gold trophies, I had to do something.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Thanks Trevor :thumbsup:
This was a Fun contest and the judging must have been very tough.
Cheers to all who entered and I can't wait untill next Halloween:thumbsup:
Mcdee:wave:

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Much as I enjoy model competitions, judging is never easy. Thanks again for running this contest, Trevor - it really added some spice to the doldrums that always set in after Halloween is over. If you can use the Mummy photos to promote your store or give the locals a "push" to give a little more serious thought to your contests, please feel free to do so.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Being a judge is so tough especially when all you have are pics and can't see the kit up close. I thought all the entries were very worthy of the gold!

Thanks Trevor and like Mark said...you can tell people that come to your store that they can make their Luminator Dracula look the same with add on parts (all of them still available online) and alittle cutting here and there. Thanks again for running this contest for us folks that live too far from you to be there in person.

Looking forward to next contest!

MMM

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
Much as I enjoy model competitions, judging is never easy. Thanks again for running this contest, Trevor - it really added some spice to the doldrums that always set in after Halloween is over. If you can use the Mummy photos to promote your store or give the locals a "push" to give a little more serious thought to your contests, please feel free to do so.
I agree 100%!

Thanks for your hard work Trevor. :dude:

~RK~

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
While I'm not a monster modeller, I can appreciate the hard work and wonderful attention to detail that the entrants did to their kits! Congratulations to all of you!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
That's a nice sentiment, WCB, and may I say, "Back atcha". I've got a couple TOS kits I'd like to build sometime, but I don't know that I'd have the patience to mask off all the panels for some of the latter-day starship hulls. I do admire the work when they're done well.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I never thought- I could have entered the Vampire...
Sometimes I wonder why I was cursed with one diseased brain cell:(....
Maybe next year.....

Chris.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts