Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Build A Monster Contest 2012. - Extended Deadline see post 1!

Well, here we go again! Get your fangs sharpend up, your models ready and your excitement flying! Monster Hobbies model contest will be bigger and better than ever!

Enjoy the video! (25% new content!):wave:

P.S. I'm extending the date for Online Entries to October 31st. After talking with Mark McGovern, I realize that many of you would only get this weekend to tie up your model's loose ends and submit pictures. Therefore, the extension would make sense as I can also take time and judge from November 1st to the 3rd.

For the Walk In Entries, it makes sense to keep the Saturday deadline as I wouldn't have the time to judge the models, award trophies, and then pack up and get my kids Trick or Treating on Wednesday Night.

Mark McGovern said:
If you want to be a Monster Hobby Contest and you have no other finacial recourse, (AKA Don't want to use the online Secure-Pay buttons) you can call Monster Hobbies direct and pay your entry fee by credit card; with luck, you'll get to speak with the Wolf Man hisself!
Also, if you want to keep current with Monster Hobbies, try out our Facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Monster-Hobbies-in-High-River-Alberta-Canada/163876670301889

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
MCR,

I've got one on the back burner I'm saving for this year's contest and maybe one or two others as well. I'm just worried that ark undertaker's gonna enter another Ultratumba model and kick my butt again... :freak:

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Got my first entry from Monster Model Man. Will post picks on my web site soon. ...my computer at work is overloaded with files I have to remove so it might take a while.

Edit - Deleted some movie project files and was able to get MMM's pics up on my site. Enjoy! http://www.monster-hobbies.com/apps/forums/

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Trevor,

Thanks for posting my pics...I wanted to get something to you so it might spark participation!

The kit is called Curse of the Werewolf...but I guess a Werewolf is a Wolfman! LOL!

MMM

·
Registered
287 Posts
*thwap!!!*
Ouch!!!!! That Dremel Man-o-Gouger really hurts!!!:freak:

I'm just worried that ark undertaker's gonna enter another Ultratumba model and kick my butt again... :freak:
Nothing to worry about Mark! I'm fresh out of Ultratumba kits. :( I wonder what happened to Mr. Schiola? I was lucky enough to get both the El Baron and the Aztec Mummy kits along with the Creech and Moleman Monster Pals kits then *poof*, Ultratumba up and disappeared.:cry: Besides, I think we're going to have to watch out for MMM. I think he stomped us both with that COTW bust!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Well that entry is going to be really hard to top. That is simply excellent. Is that one from Blackheart, one of those full scale wall hanging busts? They look fantastic when done up this good. Did you do that at the KitBuilders class at the Fest this year? Anyway, I think I will enter but right now after seeing that I don't have much hope of winning!

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey! Don't worry guys! There's 11 other catagories to enter your models in. The "Wolfman" award is just a special one for this year. I'll still be sending out Gold, Silver and Bronze in the other catagories. :wave:

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well! 1 entry so far....This will be a sinch to award! Hopefully I'll get the awards out faster than 12 months this time!:wave:

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Canadain Thanxgiving is over! Time to put Halloween into full swing!

(My wedding anniversary is on the 26th! Can't believe it will be 10 years!)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Wow...She did an awesome job:thumbsup:
Was she a walk in or an 'E' entry...
I'm thinking of stalking her...:p
Mcdee:wave:

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
MCR,

I just went over the video for the 2012 contest. Got my entries picked out, now I just have to wait until somebody's by the phone tomorrow to record my entry fees. In the meantime I'll be snapping new pics just for the Build A Monster Contest. Then it'll be emailbox - stuffing time! :dude:

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ThanX Mark.

I'll wait for your call. Please leave a message if I don't pick up. I've been getting a lot of phone in Cruise advertisement from the US, so I've been screening the calls. I've been getting a lot of those lately and I have given up answering them. I just want to make sure I don't miss you.

I still feel really bad for BAM 2011. It was suppose to be good fun for me and everyone that entered, but it took so long to get trophies out ... WAY, WAY too long in fact. I really don't want that to happen again!

I'm already comitted to 2012, but maybe I should end it for 2013. It's easy to have walk-in contestants where I can just go into the store's back room and walk out with trophies and gift certificates that were made a year or two ago, but trying to mail things out to the internet contestants is another story. Finding boxes, building and hand painting trophies, trying to get a few $$$'s put towards the mail-outs and out of my creditor's hands...it turns "Fun" into a real nightmare.

Also, my store's reputation suffers. Just look at my forum on my web site. McDee's pounded my guilt into my head about my tardiness every month for the entire year. I've left all that up there because I do feel guilty and ashamed about the whole thing. I should just take it and say "Please Sir, might I have another." I only have myself to blame.

I appologize deeply for 2011's contest and hope I can make it up for this year. I'm just amazed that so many of you want to continue in this contest for this year despite waiting 10+ months for your prizes.

Trevor

1 - 20 of 32 Posts