Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would anyone be able to give me information-scale, detailing, etc. on the Budweiser 1937 Dodge Airflow?
How popular was this one and does anyone know how many Matchbox produced?

Any help would be appreciated.

THanks, Dave

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Well, seeing that you have the picture from here

http://www.micksmodelworld.com/MATT...modelsofyesteryearthvintagebudweisertruck.htm

you already know that it's part of the MOY range. That range typically moves around the 1/43 scale, more or less, some vehicles are 1/55, some 1/50, you get the idea.

They are not as common as regular Matchbox toy cars and they are aimed at the adult collector. They usually look really good, I reckon, the detail is very decent for the price and the amount of plastic is relatively low, they can feel pretty heavy when you pick them up.

At the same time they are not an investment. I'd say nowadays you could be able to pick up a brand new one with box and little certificate around the 30 dollar mark. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong there, but that's my estimate.

My verdict is that you should definitely enjoy having one if you buy one but they're not usually rare or expensive. That goes for the Models Of Yesteryear range in general, probably with the exception of the odd "rare" model that might have a paint flaw or error of some kind. If you buy one, don't overpay. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Budweiser Dodge Airflow

Thanks for the information, I appreciate your help.
Did Matchbox also do the Bud version in 1/64 scale, or close?
How does the Matchbox Airflow compare in size and quality with the M2?

I am thinking of looking for a 1/64 Bud version and also having hope M2 will also produce this one.

Thanks again.
Dave

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
They don't sell M2 here in New Zealand but I'm pretty sure Matchbox didn't do this in 1/64. Also, from what I gather as I lurk in the M2 forums, the 1/64 quality of M2 seems to be a little higher than MBX. Going back to the Models of Yesteryear range, those are generally no toys, purely for display. So there is a whole other quality level again. I guess if you get the chance, you need to see and handle them for yourself and compare in real life, not in photos. That can make quite the difference in answering your questions.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1937 - 1939 Dodge Airflow

One more question, please.

I am hearing there are 1/64 and 1/43 scale of these Matchbox miniatures-is there a scale printed on the box?

I am wondering how close in size they are to the 1/64 M2 trucks?

Thanks, Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts