Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
About the same size as a Parakeet (I think they are the same personally) about half the size of a cockateil and 1/4 the size of a Red Macaw Parrot. About the same personality and traits, the parrots and cockateils are waaaaayyy more expensive.

·
Registered
812 Posts
The Budgies seem to be about 1/2 way between 1/87 and 1/64 scale. I have a 67 Oldsmobile....A very simple casting with no interior or windows and plain Tootsietoy type wheels, but it's still a very cool casting of a car no one else will probably ever make. I've never seen another one.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Dude, stop Googling your favorite bird, joining unrelated forums, and making useless posts without reading the context.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Budgie was a Diecast Manufacturer from England late 50's/ early 60's - a competitor of Lesney Matchbox.

Scale both a large and small scale - the large Dinky size the small early MB size some say is 1:76 scale.

here is a site link on Budgie - lots of Pics - check it later to give time to look.

http://www.dfwbeckett.net/BDGindex.html

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Budgie was a Diecast Manufacturer from England late 50's/ early 60's - a competitor of Lesney Matchbox.
Interesting linc, thanks for that.
Some nice models you have there for sure. :thumbsup:

I think Budgie directly plagurized Matchbox from what I understand.
SMS88 may have mentioned it, but I'd like to know for sure.
Maybe they bought the moulds fair and square but I don't think so.

I have the Modern Removals moving van and the Merryweather Fire Truck I got as a kid around 1973.
I was very exited to find these as I was interested in older discontinued Lesneys at a very young age, and these were very close to the real thing!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I have limited computer knowlage (among other intelectual short-commings).
Is there some sort of purpose to this type of spamming?
Yes. They had a website link. The more places that shows up, the more 'relevant' is seems in search engines when looking for related things and the closer to the top results it shows up. Now maybe someone is hawking an actual legitimate product, but more often than not it is cheap garbage, someone who never intends to send product, or a program for your computer that is loaded with malware.

In this case it was a dumber than usual spammer as it was the wrong kind of 'budgie'.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Interesting linc, thanks for that.
Some nice models you have there for sure. :thumbsup:

I think Budgie directly plagurized Matchbox from what I understand.
SMS88 may have mentioned it, but I'd like to know for sure.
Maybe they bought the moulds fair and square but I don't think so.

I have the Modern Removals moving van and the Merryweather Fire Truck I got as a kid around 1973.
I was very exited to find these as I was interested in older discontinued Lesneys at a very young age, and these were very close to the real thing!
Budgie diecast were in the timeframe I mentioned BUT Morestone who made them originally was functioning & making diecast earlier.

According to the following link Morestone (Morris & Stone) and Rodney Smith (one of founders of Matchbox) were in business together so this will probably answers your question on the moulds. (Or confuse it more).

http://www.diecastrestoration.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1216

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Budgie diecast were in the timeframe I mentioned BUT Morestone who made them originally was functioning & making diecast earlier.

According to the following link Morestone (Morris & Stone) and Rodney Smith (one of founders of Matchbox) were in business together so this will probably answers your question on the moulds. (Or confuse it more).

http://www.diecastrestoration.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1216
The most informative linc I've seen thus far, allthough I'll have to pick "confuse it more" as to answering my question as it fails to mention copying MB tooling or buying any tooling.
Probably safe to assume they copied.
It seems like it was common practice to do so in the '60s and '70s.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Yes. They had a website link. The more places that shows up, the more 'relevant' is seems in search engines when looking for related things and the closer to the top results it shows up. Now maybe someone is hawking an actual legitimate product, but more often than not it is cheap garbage, someone who never intends to send product, or a program for your computer that is loaded with malware.

In this case it was a dumber than usual spammer as it was the wrong kind of 'budgie'.
Cripe, computers sure seem to help the World to become an even creapier place.
People can easily hide behind their computer as busness practices and general moral depravity become lamer by the second...BAD MOJO!!! :mad:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts