Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the address mix-up should be sorted out and the box in my possesion sometime during the first half of next week, does anyone later on the list have any special requests or interests?

Obviously I have no idea whats coming my way, but if I can send along some cars that anyone else is looking for it really will make my day.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
A Bud Box is a box of cars that starts with a set number of cars, say 100. From there, it is sent to member #2, who takes out as many cars as he/she wants, but must replace with the same number of cars. Then it is sent to the next member, and so on and so forth. The term 'Bud Box' derives from the member who started this trdition, whos name was Bud, 56_57 was his screen name. It was deemed a Bud Box in his honor after he recently passed away at the end of a battle with cancer. Bud will be forever remembered as an asset to HT and a great person.

I think that is a good explination, did I miss anything anyone?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Eyecandy, you nailed the explanation perfectly!

They used to be called the "loose box" or the "carded box" Now as Eyecandy mentioned with Buds passing, and in honor of him and the tradition he started here at HT, they are now appropriately named "Bud boxes"

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
The last box Bud Burleson (56 57) circulated was a box of 94 loose JLs. About a dozen HT members agreed to participate, each one PM'ing Bud his/her address. I happened to be the first on the delivery list and what a cool bunch of cars Bud put in there! I think I took out 9 or 10 cars and then replaced them with cars I had. It's really alot of fun! Bud had circulated boxes with carded regulars and carded WLs. And now, continuing a Hobby Talk tradition, another box, now known as the "Bud Box", is being circulated. This box was started by HT member, carnut2256. It is hoped other HT members will start "Bud Boxes" in the future and continue this fine tradition in honor of a very special collector.
We miss you, Bud. :wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts