Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, what a week. Busy beyond my ability to get it all done. But there was one amazing highlight to my week. The Bud Box arrived at my PO box.

For the sake of a little background, I did NOT sign up for this box. I had the chance to participate in Bud's last box program, so I did not sign up for this one. I wanted to leave space for more folks to enjoy the fun. But in a RAOK, Carnut decided I needed to take part. THANK YOU SO MUCH! What a great gesture, and I want you to know how much I appreciated it!

So here is the scoop...31 cars, in blisters arrived by mail. And what a great mix. I kept 3... a copper colored 1979 Stang from the JL Collection line, a 1969 Cougar from early release of Gold, and a HOW Vanishing Point Challenger. What a treat.

One of the best parts is the "special" blister that is placed in the box for the next recipient. I had this car already, a HOW Mystery Machine, but I have replaced mine with this pack in my case already ( I happened to have mine in a case as part of a HOW display). This blister is a little rougher then mine, and so much cooler! This was a fellow HT member's (are we to say the name?) first JL purchased after moving ( to a new state) and getting his collection started again. I just liked the fact that this blister had a heritage. A bit of lineage to another toy car collector. So I think this was a neat touch.

So its now up to 32 cars ( if I can pack them in the box!) and headed to the next name on the list. Hang on MissouriMike, your gonna like it...a lot!

Listed up folks, if you have never been a part of one of these, do yourself a favor and sign up the next time an opportunity is presented. I think that Rich (Carnut2256) is working on one now. This is a ton of fun, and a great way to remember such a wonderful member (Bud Burleson, 5657).

Again, thank for the chance to be a part of this!
Sincerely,
Ward

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Nicely put, Ward. :thumbsup: I was lucky to have participated in the last "Bud Box" that Bud circulated. That was the one with 94 loose JLs. I remember how heavy the box was - opening it on my workbench in my garage - unwrapping all 94 cars, studying each one - what a great feeling!
Like Ward said, you have to jump in and give it a try. Truly, Bud was an inspiration to us diecast nuts!! Long live Bud Boxes!!! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
I believe Ward was the last recipient of the last box that Bud ever sent out, the infamous "Loose Box" with 94 cars in it. So for the sake of continuity, I thought he should be included in this box. A little touch of the legacy, so to speak.

I am astounded though, that Bud Box I left on its journey with 25 cars, and is already up to 32! I'm going to have to come up with something to give away the extra cars.

As for Bud Box II, it sits ready and waiting to go, and has a list of twelve participants. If you've never had a chance to see and feel 94 Johnnie's all loose in one box, it is a treat not to be missed! When the next "loose" regular box is offered, don't miss out. Plans are being discussed for Bud Box III already, with another HT member (Cool) offering to run that one. He has chosen a "loose" White Lightning theme and that will be announced after Bud Box II is sent out. As I've said, the hope is to always have a Bud Box in circulation somewhere, at any given time.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Ward - I stand by, humbled by the honor, but not shirking my responsibility. I've been in a couple of the original Bud Boxes, and they are a real pleasure to anticipate, to open and select, and to forward to the next person. I am hoping to do some more, and Rich, whenever you need a regular JL box, I'll be glad to start one.

Mike

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Glad to see the box made it there and you enjoyed going through the cars. Can not wait to see MissouriMike's face when he opens it next. Very fun to be part of in a great persons legacy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts