Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of year to get ready to go carpet oval racing on the small bullring at Buck's Hobby Barn (formally Joe's Hobby Barn). The carpet oval is 27 feet wide and 48 feet long which gives a run line of right around 90 feet. We race on ozite carpet and have AMB Scoring and run personel transponders. We keep the rules simple and have a lot of fun. :Last years classes mainly consisted of stock Legends running 13.5 brushless and speck single cell lipo and Sportsman Nastruck following the Tour Rules. We will run any class that we have 3 of. We run 3 heats and mains. Legend heats consist of 5 minuets and the mains are 100 Laps. The NAastruck are 4 minuet heats with 100 laps mains. We will have our first race on Sunday Oct. 21. Doors open at 10 A.M. and racing starts promptly at 1 P.M. We will have test and tune day on Saturday 20. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'm hoping Nastruck will be a big class again, Legends make for a good class too, not sure what anyone else would want to run, maybe 17.5 open or 13.5 spec? Personally I prefer the 13.5 spec. Is that Doty kid gonna run this year?

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'll be doing 17.5 TOUR spec Nastruck again. Finally got that F14 working pretty well and then the season was over. Now we'll see how rusty I got over the summer :eek: Is the track clear enough to practice?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had some input about running a 17.5 Nascar Class. You could run everything the same as the Tour Nastruck with the exceptio of having an open 1C battery. To change from Nastruck to Nascar the onlky thing you would have to buy is a battery. This would give racers somewhere to step-up to if they wanted tolget out of the Nastruck Class. Legend will stay the same as last year with any 13.5 motor, blinky mode speed control, spec tires and 1-c spec battery. Nastruck will once again follow Tour rules and Hobby Barn Nascar would be the same as Nastruck with the exception of open 1-C battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Carpet has been steam cleaned , Steve J. from Fuzzy Foam did a great job . Looks like a new carpet . Gonna be fun putting down a new run line :woohoo:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As you seen in the earlier post the carpet has been steamed clean and is ready to go. 1-Cell spec batteries are on their way to the shelves of the Hobby Barn. As of right now we are looking at Legend, Sportsman Nastruck, and HobbyBarn Nascar. As usual if we have 3 of any class show up we will race them. Hope to see everyone at the Barn for opening weekend on Oct. 20th and 21st. Oct. 20 will be a test and tune day and racing will begin at 1 p.m. on the 21st. Looking foreward to another fun season.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Gerry,
When again is TFT race??? I have made plans for Florida and need to know when that race is. I hope I don't miss this race but if the I did.. my bad. I enjoy coming over there for this race and it's always a great time. 17.5 Nastruck is awesome there~~~

1 - 20 of 245 Posts