Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is one of those ongoing projects that I've bene thinking about off and on for about a month now. The list has grown as I've perused sites such as Battlestar Wiki.com - Ships, trying to see what ships have been named and/or have decent enough pics so that we know what they look like beyond a blob on our screens.

Anyhow, here's what I've come up with, thus far. First list is all Civilian ships, then military which have kits produced of them thus far. The bottom list is those that I'd like to see, and feel that would likely be feasible to make, even tho the Gemenon Traveller and Colonial One would be less than an inch long.

Listing of all the known Capital Ship-sized models.

1/3700 to 1/4170 Scale

Existing Models - Civilian
Ship Name/Type Scale Manufacturer
Astral Queen/Prison Barge 1/4105 Timeslip Creations
Colonial Movers 1/4105 Timeslip Creations
Foundry Ship 1/4170 ARVEY Model Prod's
Gemini Freighter 1/4105 Timeslip Creations
Livery/Mineral/Mining Ship 1/4170 ARVEY Model Prod's
Livery/Mineral/Mining Ship 1/4105 Timeslip Creations
Passenger Liner (Olympic Carrier)1/4105 Timeslip Creations
Ringship Zephyr 1/4105 Timeslip Creations
Rising Star 1/4105 Timeslip Creations

Existing Models – Military
Berzerk 1/3700-ish Fantastic Plastic
Cygnus 1/3700 BamBamProd's
Cylon Basestar, TNS 1/4105 Fantastic Plastic
Defender 1/3700-4105 Fantastic Plastic
Galactica, TNS 1/4105 Timeslip Creations
Galactica, TOS 1/4105 Timeslip Creations
Galactica, TOS 1/4170 Monogram / Revell
Pegasus 1/3700 BamBam Prod's
Poseidon (“Razor” Re-size) 1/4100-ish BamBamProd's
Valkyrie (“Hero”) 1/4105 Timeslip Creations
Valkyrie 1/3700-ish BamBamProd's

1/4222 Scale (Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer)
Imperial SD 1/4222 AMT/ERTL
Nebulon B Medical Frigate 1/4222 ARVEY Model Prod's
Rebel Runner (aka Tantive IV) 1/4222 ARVEY Model Prod's

Kits not yet Produced or Announced at this time
Angle Ship (mostly background shots)
Botanical Cruiser / Long Neck Ship
Celestra
Cloud 9
Colonial One (model would be .81” / 2.06cm long)
Cylon Basestar, TOS
Demetrius
Five-Engined Ship
Flattop (the original Flattop)
Fill Freighter (seen only in the Miniseries)
Gemonon Traveller (model would be .58“ / 1.46cm long)
Gideon
Guardian Basestar, "Razor"
Prometheus
Refinery Ship
Scylla / Cybele (originally seen in “Razor”)
Triangle-Headed Freighter (best seen in “Razor” and later episodes)
Tubed Vessel (I call it the “Battery Ship”)
Yellow Ship (Kodiak from C&C3)

So, what am I forgetting? Don't even think of mentioning stuff like "shuttles", "Raptors" or really, teensy-tiny ships like Vipers. ;)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Okay, just a silly question but as it's shown in the background of some of the early RTF shots would the TOS Enterprise qualify?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! Yeah, that's actually a good question!

The TOS Enterprise technically only appears in one shot in TNS BSG, but that one shot is re-used thru-out the First and Second seasons of TNS. The original shot is in the Miniseries and can be found towards the end of the final act during the Fade-In from Galactica's Jump away from Ragnar and the Cylons.

This scene is re-used up to at least the beginning of the episode "Pegasus" in Season Two.

So, I've got no problems w/it. I actually have one which is part of my TNS RTF. It's a Starline 2200 gaming miniature that's 1/3788 scale. A fella who doesn't post here any more - Jay Chladek - used to make decals for these mini's. I managed to get a set from a very generous member here, so will eventually decal mine as "U.S.S. Defiant, NCC-1764". Guess we know where she went after she slipped thru the Interphase, eh...? :D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
This scene is re-used up to at least the beginning of the episode "Pegasus" in Season Two.
And it's used again the The Plan - day whatever after the Cylon attack there's a shot of the fleet and the Big E is there in the background.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
You would think the E would be able to take ou the entire BSG fleet, since BSG doesn't have phasers or photon torpedoes.

That's an interesting piece of footage there!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Don't forget a Firefly. One flew past a building in the original miniseries.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if you realize, Rattrap, but Serenity would be about 1/4" / .64cm long! It'd be nigh impossible to cast something like that, I'd think. Well, maybe a combination of resin and photo-etch, perhaps. I just don't see it, tho.

Might make for an interesting addition, but I dunno. I've got a variety of non-canon ships in my RTF, but most of those are of existing models. I don't think my scratchbuilding skills are up to a Firefly-class transport at this skill.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The only ship that is missing that I can think of is the Cylon resurrection ship. Seems like it would be a pretty difficult build though. It's too bad that most of the Timeslip ships are no longer available, although some will be available soon from Arvey Model Products.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts