Hobbyist Forums banner

BSG Viper Bay Accessories Review 2

833 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  f1steph 
#1 ·
I am now going to review the Engine Hoist.

It is a nicely detailed kit with a set of decals, 10 in total, and comes in 4 pieces that need a tiny bit of sanding to make them fit. There are two support struts that come from the main body that have to fit into two holes in the base of the hoist, one needs to take care that when getting the support arms for the main strut that you do not bend them too far. Be sure to soak this piece in hot, not boiling water, to reshape them into place. The hydraulic piston also needs a little sanding to fit nicely into the main strut and horizontal strut.

I gave it a good primer coat and used Testors Enamal Flat Red t#1150TT to paint most of the hoist. I used Vallejo Model Colour Natural Steel #70.864 for the wheel hinges, piston, handle, and details on the base. I used a black acrylic for the wheels and hand holds. I also added a small length of chain with a resin hook which was also paint Natural Steel.

Coz is working on new decals based on images from the show so I decided not to use the ones included but that is just my personal choice. Fell free to use whatever you wish.

In these next images I used one of my scale drawings as a backdrop and took the last one in full sunlight. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me.

A quick update - used the decals Coz sent me. I coated the decals with Microscale Decal Film to strengthen them and Microscale Decal Set and Decal Sol to mount the decals. I used Vallejo Flat Varnish to seal them.

It has also been suggest to me that these items would be right at home with 32nd scale modern aircraft dioramas as well.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.