Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to build a 1/8 buggy with brushless setup. I need aleast a 20 min run time with a 4s 5400. Can it be done and just as fast as nitro? What do I need to use to do it? motor esc ect...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Im looking to build a 1/8 buggy with brushless setup. I need aleast a 20 min run time with a 4s 5400. Can it be done and just as fast as nitro? What do I need to use to do it? motor esc ect...
Research it. rctech is a good place to start.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I make a 10 minute main easily with 5000ma LiPo's. I can probably go another 4 or 5 before the LVC kicks in. We did a lot of comparison at my track regarding capacity use. Im a litte harder on the trigger than I should be so Im using more ma's. If I were less aggressive, I should be able to get 20 minutes from 5000ma. You should be able to do it with 5400ma. Just as fast as nitro you ask? I converted to electric after running 2 years on nitro. The answer is HECK yea. There were sections of the track I race on where I could not make certain jumps with nitro. Electric has no spooling up of a clutch. Its instant power. But...............that can work against you if you dont know how to use/control it. My lap times over all are faster with brushless/LiPo vs nitro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts