Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I bought my first RC truck, a Traxxas Slash in Sept. I have raced a few times at the local track and now find myself wanting more power! I already moved to a 2 cell lipo and now I'm looking at motor/ esc setups! I have to use a 17.5 turn motor according to track rules! I would appreciate any advice and suggestions of what you guys use and recommended as good setups!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
For ease of use I would reccomend one of novak's Havok/17.5 combos.It's not top of the line, but it's like 140.00 for the combo.
Also it will be MUCH easier to use than a top of the line esc.The top esc's like tekin RS, Novak kenetic,and the lrp SPX have variable timing adjustments.Those are great functions, but unless you have experience with brushless it can be really easy to fry motors with them if you set up to much timing advance.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i would get ezrun set up im shear they have a 17.5 motor and ecs. just to play with there run like 105 on ebay with free shipping. i got a 5.5 in my eveder and race it in pro truck so. had no problems with it next to me braking the fan on the esc. was running without a body and flipped it and yea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts