Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone built a mod brushless oval truck.

If so how did it work out?

Would you need a side dam.

I have a Toyota truck body comming and was think about getting a 3.5 to run with it thought a side dam would help it out.

It would be just for fun if I had extra time at the track.

Thanks Jake

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
We've run MOD Nastruck and 19t Nastruck for quite some time...We don't allow Side Dams, but we do run a FULL spoiler (2 1/2 inches)

My favorite body is the old DAHM's Spitfire (Now sold by Van's INVENT)

All the McAllister Truck bodies are very good too, I like the Toyota.

We also run the TRUCKS on the VELODROME tracks...but there we run only about 1/2" or less spoiler.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea that is what I have comming is a Mcallister toyota nastruck going to run it on my KSG solid chassie.

That's cool no side dam needed then but would it help on a short 140 foot run line track?

swtour you have a pic of the spitfire?

Jake

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys cut the back out or leave it in?

The Spitfire does look to have a short roof line.

Thanks Jake

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
We've done both back end IN and OUT, on the SPITFIRE I like it IN but it has a really short tailgate area...on other bodies I like to cut it if the rules allow. We leave it IN on Velodromes too, but use a piece of Foam bumper material mounted inside the back end running up as close to the tires as possible to keep the disturbed air out.

On the VELOs we also use a piece of lexan to cover up the Cab area because that air pocket creates a TON of lift.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Myself and others here on the west coast run in the south west tour, and we run brushless using the LRP Sphere in sportsman mode. The trucks run great we run on short flat tracks up to an olympic veledrome used for bicycle racing.

I leave the back in and put a piece of lexan inside under the cab section for the veledrome. For the short track I put 1/8th holes around the rear wind line and in the bottom middle of the rear cab windon I have my antenna tube come out, to help vent the air the fills up in the cab. While the setup is very simular to my car there are few changes that had to be done, mainly in the tweak.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Donn is that a rule that you have to run the sphere in sportsman?I run mine on modified on my 4300 car.

I have my solid set up as a 4300 car so might try that first then go up to a 3.5.

Any one have a good 3.5 they want to part with?

Jake

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Jake,

Our rule for our track class the past 2 years is 19t Handwounds or a Brushless in Sportsman Mode. The LRP is the only esc. I know of that has the sportsman mode...although with guys jumping up to run 4300 this coming year...the 4300 may be allowed to run in this mix as well.

It's a fun class...we also limit the batteries (Last year we kept the trucks in 3300's, this year it's 3800's) Basically last years throw away batteries.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts