Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any 2s esc's that will work on a 1s lipo. need a little info on what to buy, to get my PanCar running. going to be using a 17.5 motor.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Are there any 2s esc's that will work on a 1s lipo. need a little info on what to buy, to get my PanCar running. going to be using a 17.5 motor.
As I responded to your other question, our GTB2s (including original GTBs, and 4-cell), Havocs---1S, 2S, 3S, Pro---our new, tiny Edge 2S. These all operate on 1S.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Just about any 2s esc will work with 1s if you add either a smart boost or a receiver battery. Novak has all the info you need to set one up. I use a Kinetic 2s for my dirt oval car in the summer and switch it to run with 1s in a pan car for oval during the winter. Very simple thing to set up!!

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
I'm running a Novak GTB and a Novak XXL 75MHz receiver on 1S LiPo in a legend with no booster. The XXL is speced to work down to 3V so it works fine on the 1S LiPo. I have an MRT transponder and that also works fine on the unboosted voltage (never missed a lap). The GTB I used is an early one with no LiPo cutoff so I don't have to worry about a LiPo cutoff accidentally getting turned on.

It uses about 1100 mAHr in a 5 minute race and a few practice laps so I am not worrying about the cutoff with a 5000 mAHr 1S LiPo.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
All of our products, for over 33 years (!), servos, receivers, speed controls, have always been designed to operate on low voltage---4 NiMH or 1S. When Bob first started designing for R/C cars, 12th scale racing on 4 cell was really popular. So it was crucial that the electronics worked in those applications.

Anyone looking for excellent "used" GTBs, need look no further than our store; we have factory RMF/new warranty GTB2s as well as our original GTB-4 cells (for cheap--49.99) available.

I'm running a Novak GTB and a Novak XXL 75MHz receiver on 1S LiPo in a legend with no booster. The XXL is speced to work down to 3V so it works fine on the 1S LiPo. I have an MRT transponder and that also works fine on the unboosted voltage (never missed a lap). The GTB I used is an early one with no LiPo cutoff so I don't have to worry about a LiPo cutoff accidentally getting turned on.

It uses about 1100 mAHr in a 5 minute race and a few practice laps so I am not worrying about the cutoff with a 5000 mAHr 1S LiPo.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All of our products, for over 33 years (!), servos, receivers, speed controls, have always been designed to operate on low voltage---4 NiMH or 1S. When Bob first started designing for R/C cars, 12th scale racing on 4 cell was really popular. So it was crucial that the electronics worked in those applications.

Anyone looking for excellent "used" GTBs, need look no further than our store; we have factory RMF/new warranty GTB2s as well as our original GTB-4 cells (for cheap--49.99) available.
We have to look no farther, thanks for your help. RMF is good as new for son and myself..

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
We have to look no farther, thanks for your help. RMF is good as new for son and myself..
If you choose to run without a booster (as I am in my Legend) it is good to use a fast servo (fast on the normal voltage) so it is still fast enough on the unboosted voltage. I'm using a fast 1/12th scale servo in the legend (Airtronics 94145Z 0.09 sec on 4.8V) so it is fine on the 1S LiPo.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Those of us running on road really like fast servos and running them on low voltages just doesn't cut it. Using the smart boost or a receiver pack with any 1s rated ESC is a must or the Hobbywing 1s which has the booster built in.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Those of us running on road really like fast servos and running them on low voltages just doesn't cut it. Using the smart boost or a receiver pack with any 1s rated ESC is a must or the Hobbywing 1s which has the booster built in.
We replaced our SmartBoost with the tiny (10mm X 30mm) Novak 1S LiPo Booster Module.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I'd would use a tekin and a reciver pack u can run I cell plus if u want to open up the speedo and go real fast u can:thumbsup::wave:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks,

Checked them out, this is a good deal. with all the extras, that it has. good for winter 1cell then pull and put in summer 2cell. i think i will order one and see,abd get a motor to complete package .....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts