Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think it will be the next wave of the future!!! We had at least 10 different designs running at Washtenaw over the last two seasons.
But I also see no reason why you can't run Nitro AND electric with the same chassis!!!

RC Product Designs is now taking orders for Electric conversion kits for two different 1/8th scale buggies.
For the time being, I will make these kits to order with about a 2 week turn around.

The components designed to allow you to choose the electronics you want to use with the conversion.

The Ofna Hyper 7. RC Product Designs EH7 kit
consists of Aluminum Motor Mount, Carbon fiber Top plate, Carbon Fiber Servo Mount, ESC Mount, and Nylatron splash guards with integrated Battery boxes and a plastic gear adaptor for the standard Ofna diff.

Losi 8ight. RC Product Designs EL8 kit.
Kit consists of Aluminum Motor Mount, Delrin battery tray and Aluminum top plate. Also available will be an additional Delrin adaptor plate to mount the Novak HV Maxx ESC if that is the system you choose to use.

These are precision machined kits that require NO modification to your 1/8th scale buggy chassis. They are designed to fit ANY 1" or 25mm motor mounting configuration. They are complete bolt in conversions using existing screws from your buggies.
The EH7 Kit is designed to two batteries to balance the chassis. You can run either conventional sub C cells or LiPo's
The EL8 is designed with one battery tray with LiPo's in mind.

The EH7 is shown with a Novak HV Maxx system in place, but will accept any brushless system you choose. It is designed to accept a plastic 32 pitch spur.
The EL8 is shown with a Neu motor with a Mamba Max ESC. The HV Maxx will fit in the Losi. It will require minor trimming of some ribs of the heat sink near the chassis and the diff with a dremel or saw.
The cars shown here are my racing EH7 and the first EL8. The production EL8 battery trays will be made with black Delrin.

Email me for additional pics and pricing and to get your order in now!!
[email protected]
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Interesting, I wonder how the power to weight ratio will workout with speed & runtime. Any idea what the "new chassis" will weight? I think I'd want the lipo version. I want to see more pictures. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Guys - I seen these up at the track Dan runs at and they were quick and nimble and looked to handle just like the nitro cars do without all the nitro necessities and work and no fumes.

Looks as if the class can grow greatly if the word gets out.

I believe most of the guys run nitro in the summer and then switch the cars to electric for the winter since Dan's track does not run nitro in the winter.

GOod luck Dan with the project and I still need to get with you on the TC3-O new chassis when it is ready.

mike

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well, this thread has been dormant, but it seems to be the right one for my question (rather than starting a new thread). I picked up a used Losi 8ight (1.0) with Tekno conversion. Whoever had it chose NOT to use the mechanical brakes. I'm debating whether to buy the parts and hook up mech brakes (will require buying another servo). If you use mechanical brakes, do you sacrifice your ability to control the pitch of the car in flight? do people who use them turn off braking in controller profile? (I'm using Tekin RX8). Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Well, this thread has been dormant, but it seems to be the right one for my question (rather than starting a new thread). I picked up a used Losi 8ight (1.0) with Tekno conversion. Whoever had it chose NOT to use the mechanical brakes. I'm debating whether to buy the parts and hook up mech brakes (will require buying another servo). If you use mechanical brakes, do you sacrifice your ability to control the pitch of the car in flight? do people who use them turn off braking in controller profile? (I'm using Tekin RX8). Thanks for any input.
I run a tekno 8 with mechanical brakes. I use and RX8 and a 2050KV tekin motor.

If you could control the attitute of your car in the air before, you can still do it - it is no different than the nitros with mechanical brakes. (I said the "if" because even though I know the theory of it, at 59, my reflexes just aren't fast enough.)

I have braking (and reverse) on the RX8 turned down to zero.

The main reason I run the mechanical brakes is for brake bias.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts