Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this? Any general thoughts?

Also, two specific questions:
1. Is this the only place to get a Ferrari Dino casting?
2. The Cobra casting - is it the cool casting from 100% Hot Wheels or the crappy "main line" casting?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Found some close-ups. Definitely the crappy Cobra casting :(

I can pick it up of e_Bay for ~$14 including shipping. Could be worth it just for the Dino and the D-Type.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,305 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
Crappy Cobra casting? I personally think it looks great and possibly even better than the 100% casting.
I think it's mainly the wheels...typical "way to large wheels" on it all the time... what is the deal with that casting recently where they are putting the same oversize wheels on the front, as are on the rear? ..yuk...is it now a 4x4?...and then the lack of detail
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,345 Posts
Well you are talking about details that are more likely to exist on higher priced castings. Maybe it would have been more appropriate to put the 100% casting in this box set, especially if you paid full retail price for it. Having paid $9 for it myself doesn't bother me personally. ;)

Sure the $1-$5 version doesn't have a wind deflector and roll hoop, but they still are great looking cars and I don't personally think the wheels are that out of proportion for what they are.

I guess there's always room for improvement if you look hard enough or are that passionate. Personally, they are more than satisfactory replicas to me. :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CTWLSMIKE said:
Well you are talking about details that are more likely to exist on higher priced castings. Maybe it would have been more appropriate to put the 100% casting in this box set, especially if you paid full retail price for it. Having paid $9 for it myself doesn't bother me personally.
So what's your impression of the set in general? There is a few on e_Bay that will go for ~$14 w/ shipping. Worth it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,345 Posts
G_G said:
So what's your impression of the set in general? There is a few on e_Bay that will go for ~$14 w/ shipping. Worth it?
I think it's well worth it personally. :thumbsup: The Ferrari is sweet and I can never have enough different Cobras. :wave: The Jag is nice though certainly not much more than an exclusive repaint of a mainline car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CTWLSMIKE said:
I think it's well worth it personally. :thumbsup: The Ferrari is sweet and I can never have enough different Cobras. :wave: The Jag is nice though certainly not much more than an exclusive repaint of a mainline car.
Thanks for the advice, Mike. I will be able to judge for myslef in just a few business days.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top