Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a sneak peak at the V2 today. It looks a little like the Pro, but in blue fiberglass. It will use the 2/3A size batteries, and the same front end as the SC-18. The main difference is the T-plate, and the ball joint connecting it to the chassis.

We will see it’s track debut on the 14th…..the word is that Bud is putting in a Speed 300 to whip on Wayne!!!!

:freak:

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Bud... why would you wanna whip on your most valued customer??? Besides, it's gonna rain!! Looks like the next race day will have to be a 2 day event with 4 races!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
SG1 you know you can't count on the weather for an entire weekend. It would have to be a marathon day of racing with 4 sessions of racing back to back. So, if we can start at 11 and finish 2 sessions by 6PM then we would be racing 4 sessions until 1AM or 2AM by the time you stopped for dinner...

RAFster

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The V2 looked smooth on the track...the only bad news is you have to buy the GOOD 2/3A cells -- lots of $$$$$ -- Bud are you going to carry the cells you ran?

·
Premium Member
8,168 Posts
I think the standard KAN cells will be OK I will test them one day. I just did not change that pack all day and they were pretty fast. I did nothing to the car all day just re charged the pack and that is it. I want to set up the timer one day and really tune it in.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Bud,

Do you anticipate the V2 utilizing full sized AA cells in the V2 as well? Similar to the Pro...or, is the height of the T-plate's pivot ball setup too high?

Also, is the V2 going to be considered a modified or stock car?

RAFster

·
Registered
438 Posts
Let me know when ya have a pic, Id love to get a gander. ;)
We had a M-18 show last saturday.. impressive.
Looks cute, nice body, nice paint job... GOT LAST! but not as bad of a beating as the micro RS4 got.. we gave the micro RS4's a 5 lap headstart handycap.. should have been a 17 though I guess... the X-Ray didnt want one.. but only got laped 8 times.
Ohh not slamming the micro Rs4.. so fans of em dont get upset... perhaps they didint have a good setup??? but they quit after 1/2 of the 2nd heat, and the X-Ray M-18 got last of the ones still running... but all in all I thought it was pretty neet... can the parma S16D be made to fit one, or what mod will get it up to SC18 Stock Speeds?

·
Registered
348 Posts
So Bud, to repeat Rafster's question, will the V-2 be considered stock, at least for competion purposes? Or would an entirely new class need to be considered. How about something in between the SC-18 and Mod, say the V-2 with a modified 16D motor? It would be able to handle the extra power, yet not be silly fast like the speed 300's.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wazzer said:
So Bud, to repeat Rafster's question, will the V-2 be considered stock, at least for competion purposes? Or would an entirely new class need to be considered. How about something in between the SC-18 and Mod, say the V-2 with a modified 16D motor? It would be able to handle the extra power, yet not be silly fast like the speed 300's.
I like that idea....we could use S16d arms and twister cans.....

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Is the Trinity Twister better than the Rotor can by Parma?
I think I know the answer to this in part since the Slot Car City uses this as a basis for their C can buildup it is thought by them to be a good can out of the box.
You end up with an adjustable timing can with either the Rotor or Twister and then by matching different arms with the can you end up with an endless combinations of timing based on armature timing and can timing. (The motor performance is going to be fairly limited to a certain range depending on gearing and overall timing.

How do you find the sweet spot for setting the timing and how do you determine what armature will work best??

David
RAFster

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
wazzer said:
BUD, is it mum's the word for now?
Or is the jury out...?

He named it the SC18 V2 so one would presume it may be stock instead of Mod since it is an evolution of the SC18 not the Pro V2.

David

·
Premium Member
8,168 Posts
It will be considered stock!!! The stock class this coming indoor season will be allowed 2/3A cells SC18 and SC18V2 chassis. You can also run the 2/3A cells in the SC18. There are lots of 2/3A cells to choose from out there more that AA cells. It will still be all the other standard rules for stock.
I hope to have conversions ready for the last race at Da Track. Price will be between $35.00 and $45.00 :) So save some money :wave:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yeah! A new Stock chassis and batteries opened up for Stock class.

It will ratchet up the competition but, it also can increase the price of competition in stock class. Not unlike that of other classes of racing.

Bud,
Can AA batteries be configured to be used in the SC18 V2. I realize that it will not be a flat pack in side by side as is used in the SC18.
A pyramid on each side would work but the batteries would run hotter as well as the center of gravity being raised. Is it feasible?
With a stiff battery bar you could build up a pack with a hump over the Tbar with the two center cells in a side by side configuration.

Are the newer 2/3A cells such as the GP and new MH cells capable of delivering more voltage than a good AA Nicad?
Does the slight reduction in weight of the 2/3A NiMH cells and their performance equal that of Nicad AA cells?

David

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like the V2 chassis, but I am not sold on the 2/3A cells. Plus I finnaly have a stock chassis that I like! This winter should be a good series.

Bud -- what is the winter schedule looking like?

1 - 20 of 110 Posts