Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1549 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellow racers here are the race dates for the 2009 / 2010 Winter series !!!

All races will be at Freddies Hobbies on Saturdays with racing starting at 5:00
There is one race at the new Gate track Nov 7th which is located in Brunswick Oh That race is also a 5:00 start time.

Oct 10,24 Nov 7th is at the new Gate and will be on a large oval Nov 21 back to Freddies Dec 5,19 Jan 2010 2,16,30 Feb 13,27 Mar 13 last points race Mar 20 3rd annual Fig 8 roadoval race and awards.

The summer series as great and I hope the winter is even better :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the racing rules

Stock class>> 1/18th BRP cars only SC18 / SC18 V2, SC18V2M 4 cell 2/3 A cells. We will be running stock car or truck bodies this season on the ovals. The rear must not be cut higher that the lower portion of rear bumper, NO holes or vents allowed in rear. Rear spoiler may be added max 1 1/4 " tall from rear trunk deck. COT stocker can run only COT wing that comes with body. Ball bearings in fronts only, BRP wheels only. Motors will be the Associated #21210 super 370. There will be a max pinion size of 10 tooth and a min spur size of 52 tooth in this class (only BRP gears allowed) Max rear tire diameter 1.400" We will also enforce a $15.00 claiming rule for this class on motors. After a run anyone in the stock class may claim a motor from the stock class(first come first served must go thru Bud) after paying $15.00 to the racer that is running the motor. It will be pulled at that time and given to the person claiming it. If someone shows up with a 16D powered 6 cell car they can run it in stock. As We have seen the 370 10/52 4 cell is faster than the 16D I don’t want to turn away anyone that has not run for some time.
Super stock> This class for the indoor season will be running COT bodies at all races oval cot wing only rear enclosed like in stock.. 4 Cell 2/3 A cells with ONLY the Associated #21210 super 370 motor allowed. This motor has a flat on the shaft so We will be able to tell!! Motor claim will be $15.00. Same rules as stock except for the body and gearing will be Max pinion 10 tooth Min spur 48 tooth Max rear tire diameter 1.400"
Brushless> 4200 castle motor only, gearing is Max pinion 14 Min spur 49 scalpel gears OK. Only speed controllers Tekin Mini Rage and castle creations (NO 1/12th speed controllers allowed)Body will be COT same a super stock class as far as wing and rear cut out.
Max rear tire diameter 1.400 "

·
Premium Member
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All rules are same as We have been using with the addition of Super stock with a gearing of max pinion 10 and Min spur 48.

Brushless will allow the Chinese 4200 motor Micro found which testing this summer showed it is the same speed as the castle and will be around $20.00 instead of $60.00 which the castle now is :freak:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will be makeing the trip to race with you guys one of these weekends. ;-)

I will be posting Pics of BRP cars racing HPI cars at Richmond International Raceway during the weekend of the Rock & Roll 400 races!!!

Sean

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Bud, the only thing I did different was the front end. I used As. servo saver mounting bolts for kingpins and just put "ears" on the chassis instead of a separate mounting plate. Don

1 - 20 of 1549 Posts