Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1432 Posts

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just figured I'd get our topic up and running here on Hanks old faithful site.

Going to be more than a month before we get racing again at Racers Edge R/C Racing and Hobbies but I'm already getting mine ready to go. Should be a good season because we'll have a few more people running this winter I think.

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
HEY!...I'm here, I think.
.......I don't like change and I don't like Smilies! Testing....Testing

·
Registered
100 Posts
I made it too guys, what happened over at About.dic ? Did they just pull it or was there contreversy?

Anyhow long live the BuRP!!!!!

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Boys how's it goin? Glad you made it here. We'll have to inform Jason and Donalbain of the change too. I don't know how many of our racers had an account on About, maybe that was it?

KSG, if you haven't, check out the discussion in the general area. Hank gives an explaination on why we're back to our "original" hangout. About decided to dump 300 sites due to $$ problems and we were one of the ones that got dumped(on).

K1M, change is sometimes good and smilies are something you better get used to.
Weren't you on the old board or didn't you get on until Hank moved to About?

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Something that everyone that runs a BRP should check regularly is the left rear axle bushing. It wears alot quicker than the others and it's critical for keeping your spur/pinion gear mesh set. Even if there isn't much play in the bushing, make sure the bushing isn't turning in the motor plate. If it is, clean it with motor spray and then glue a new bushing in place with 2 drops of super glue. Be sure to have the axle spinning freely in the bushings to be sure they're lined up before you glue them to the motor plate.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ovalman thanks for telling me where to go
, to find what Hank said. That is a real bummer. Obviously, no one at about.com is a good business man, or they would see that those 2 sites brough a lot of people there. Well their loss.

K1m thanks for the tip on the bushing, I looked at mine and low and behold it was spinning in the motor plate. So off I go to fix it.

Long live HANK's boards.....

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Glad to see everyone is making their way to Hobby Talk! Lets get down to some Q&A.
Bud - what's the word on the new 1/18 scale body? Also, any sign of a SC18/Fun Won kit yet? After your first impression of the micro RS4, do you think it's competitive with the SC18?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good question K1m, I have one to ponder, if someone gets an Micro RS4 should we allow them to race with us in the BuRP class?

Hi Don
Welcome.

B

·
0 Posts
KIM
I shoud have the new body in two weeks, and I'am working on the SC18 Fun Wons!Yes we did test the Micro RS4! I feel we did a very fair test, the cars are about the same speed on 4 cell. The SC18 slightly faster at front of charge with the micro lasted about 5 min longer, however that is a new car and I was using a rental car that had raced during the summer. The SC18 total blew the micro away in handling seems that the micro has good front suspension and then absolutly no rear suspension which causes it to chatter bad on ashphalt. The same thing happened on carpet but it also wanted to roll over. The car was very slow on 4 cell carpet since we run 6 cell so we put a 6 cell pack in it and mounted it to the lower portion of chassis lower CG about 1/4". With this set up the car was not drivable, 4WD made no difference here.I'am sure the 4WD would be great on a slippery floor. Another thing they say you can use standard radio gear.I installed the JR Python system and it just fit under the BMW body, guess what no place for a lap counting transponder if you use them. If you look at all the pictures of the micro they have what I call racing size rec'v and a big $$ speed control. The nice things with the car are the body and the wheels. I actually made a set of inner wheel hubs for the SC18 and ran there wheels it looked cool.
I know it sounds like I'am crying here but I just want to tell the truth! Maybe we will see a review in one of the mags comparing both cars,I bet not!!!!!!! And another thing the cost difference is pretty much.
We are going to allow the car in our 1/18th series but they will not count for points.
I have another new BMW going on ebay asap.

B

·
0 Posts
I forgot to add this!

BRP cars are Proudly MADE IN the USA

[This message has been edited by bud bartos (edited 09-30-2001).]

W

·
0 Posts
that is one reason why i glad i bout a sc18 and didn’t weight for the micro rs4 to come out
i only have about $100 in the car plus battery and the only thing new in it is a rx crystal and battery and this car is a blast

W

·
0 Posts
Bud,

Just thinking out loud here...you should reconsider not allowing the micro to get points. It'd look good for you to treat them just as if it were AE and Losi running against each other in a race. If your cars were constantly winning, which, from your short review sounds like what would happen, that would be great for business. Just make it a run what ya brung 1/18th scale class unless there becomes a need to divide them up.

Later,
Will
[email protected]
www.geocities.com/nova1965

B

·
0 Posts
willk119
They maybe could run for points but I don't think they would score many!We will have to see how it goes. We are expecting to get 20 guys running in this series and BRP is giving out some nice prizes! Would HPI allow my TC3 to run in one of there challange cup races? I wish I could get Car Action or Extreme to do a heads up test! But then again HPI spends lots more $$ on ads than BRP. We will just keep pluging ahead and improve our line of cars.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by kanesurfguru:
Good question K1m, I have one to ponder, if someone gets an Micro RS4 should we allow them to race with us in the BuRP class?</font>
Well I dunno for sure. Our class IS called BRP 1/18 scale spec so I guess it would have to be discussed a little bit. I figure you'd be one of the first to get one.
I think Adam posed the question and at the time I said no probably not but if they show up I guess it's just bad business from my end to say they can't run huh?

Bud, good report on the micro. Maybe we could pass this on at our upcoming season. Hate to have somebody get stuck with an "ill handling" car that can't keep up with the BuRPs.

Visit Team Oval On-line and Racers Edge R/C Racing and Hobbies

B

·
0 Posts
OVALMAN
I hope sombody elese can get some time on one to back my statements up! I don't like saying negative things but I'am just speaking the truth.

1 - 20 of 1432 Posts