Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mark,

I will try and post a more in focus shot of the head, but the flesh is Revell acrylic flesh (blue square pots) mixed with a little bit of blue or green to make the flesh colour more undead, then finished off with chalk pastels to give subtle shading. I don't know if Bela should've had normal flesh or the colour I chose, but I do tend to use artistic licence:thumbsup:

Some of the deeper shadows such as his mouth and ears was done with watercolour paint.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I think your flesh colors for Bela are, well, dead-on! Very nicely done. And thanks for sharing your watercolor tip.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
...I don't know if Bela should've had normal flesh or the colour I chose, but I do tend to use artistic licence...
cs,

Jack Pierce reportedly mixed up a pale green for Mr. Lugosi to wear in the movie version of Dracula (1931), the idea being that the vampire would photograph as a paler shade of gray than the living members of the cast (I wonder whether this was the same color Mr. Pierce used on Boris Karloff as the Frankenstein monster?). So there's some historical precedent for your painting your Dracula as you did. That said, it was the color you chose for your model; that ultimately makes it the right color. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ian.

Mark, when it stops pi**ing down here I will get the kit outside for some facial shots:thumbsup:.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Nice job on the Dracula CS, great color and very realistic skin tone for a dead guy. Is it a very nice kit but as you suggested to Whiteraven, anyone planning on buying one might want to wait for the deluxe version release. It is that much better after seeing what it is going to look like. Now I'm going to fill one entire bookcase shelf with these two.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Very cool!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Mine's patiently waiting on the shelf...

Chris.:)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes very nice job. Hey Chris mine is sitting on the shelf but is probably impatient! I have started Frankenstein with a MAJOR set of changes.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Beautifully done! Excellent work on the flesh tones and facial features. I still need to get this kit, but I'm holding out for the deluxe version. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kitz' :wave:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts