Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Here is my take on Moebius Models Broadway Bela. I built Bela as per the box, but tweaked the base by adding a couple of steps and the tree. I added the tree to try to give the impression of a ruined castle (I was going for artistic licence rather than what may have been correct for the Broadway production).

I was desperately waiting for the deluxe version to be released and the photo of what it would look like appeared the day after I started this project, but as it doesn’t look like it will be released any time soon I decided to crack on with this project.
My own personal opinion is that Moebius may have missed a trick by releasing this version first, or not releasing the deluxe version with the option to build just a single figure if required.
I may find it difficult to motivate myself to build the same kit twice, BUT, I haven’t glued him in place so I guess that when I do get the deluxe version :thumbsup: I can just swap figures and add the column (maybe).

I replaced the flame in the torch with some thin twigs taken from a mini Halloween witches broom. Before setting them in the torch I set fire to them to give the effect of a burnt out torch, but they burned a bit too well!!

The Dracula name is (as the sharp-eyed may have noticed) from the Janus Dracula kit. I had made a mould of the nameplate as on my version this has been permanently hidden by a larger base and it was too nice to be hidden, and I thought it would look nice on this kit too.

The gargoyle things are taken from fridge magnets, and if I can find them I have a couple of Aurora bats to add, but as is always the case when I needed them I find they have flown away.

Anyhow, a great kit and I hope that I have done it justice by my modifications.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Wonderfully done! If you get a chance, can you take a close-up photo of the face? I'd love to appreciate your work close-up.
Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wonderfully done! If you get a chance, can you take a close-up photo of the face? I'd love to appreciate your work close-up.
Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:
Will do, I was in a bit of a rush to take photos so the one i did take of his face was a bit out of focus.

Thanks for the kind comments.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nice job on the kit. That cape is not easy to work with and yours came out great. I really like your base. The addition of the steps looks much more realistic to me than the door being on the ground level. I wish I would have thought of that when I built mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts