Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bringing home the next project

The 1956 Flashsider I entered in the "Battle of the Kustomizers" comp at Chillies Diecast Corner got 2nd to a previous winner, which earned me an entry into the "2009 Battle Royal".
This is a competition where where the 21 qualifiers have 3 months to build anything they want, ie. it's a no theme wild comp.
The timing of the comp was very bad for me, I was away on holidayz for 4 weeks, and then had to pack up everything as we moved house a couple of weeks after returning from our trip,
and this resulted in me not finding any time to start my build until 1 week before the deadline, so I had to do something that was achivable in that timeframe.
I have always loved how Hot Rodders take old wrecks and transform them into automotive art, and decided that this would be the theme for my entry:
a Hot Rodder having finished his kustom Dairy Delivery bringing home the next old rustbucket to be rescued.
There ended up being 10 entries, and I got equal 5th, I think that's pretty good for what is not much more than a couple of Milds in an Open Wild comp​
The build consists of :
A Dairy Delivery wearing True Fire paint, aluminium tape for the lights and grill and wheels from a Maisto Porsche Cayenne
A Dairy Delivery with some simble bumpers and raised wheel axles, paint weathered with chipping, washes and dry brushing and wheels from a Matchbox Rubbish King
A trailer scratchbuilt from the back of a CD case and paperclips​
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Thorrr,

Holy Toledo that is one fine set of Milkers. The detail work on these is incredible. Digging these Big Time!

I am from the slot car side of HT but, come over here now and then thanks to Mr. Hilltop.

Bob...now this is Extream Custom work...zilla

·
Registered
158 Posts
I always wondered what happened in the land of Oz. Obviously some frikin' hot customization of DDs. Great paint, part selection, and imagination.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Both look great! I'm getting into the weathered look but still learning. I like what you have done with it. The true flames is an awesome job! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Ive seen your tutorial on how to make tru flame and you have improved the art even more since then ...You should make a tutorial on how you did the weathered look.. I for one would like to see how you do it

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Awesome pair!!! I still have yet to fire up the airbrush and try my hand at the true fire stuff. I have all the ingredients, just lacking the guts to try something new..:freak:

CD case for the trailer, huh?? Wow!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts