Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings all,

I too have fallen in love with the 1:64 scale Kyosho line, and was disappointed to learn that they are not sold through any US distributors. I have tentatively formed an agreement with a very reputable dealer in China to bring them in directly (1:64 scale only), and first wanted to see if there was any interest here on the boards. I've joined as a HT supporter so that I can offer them through this site, and would also offer HT members some kind of a discount over what I would ask at other outlets. So, any interest? If so, post here of PM me to discuss. :)

Thanks!

Franky

PS - I have a few extras from the cases I brought in to fill in my own collection - they are available at http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/Old_Man_RuFuS/Kyosho/?start=all

PM me if any interest in these as well. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
i fill the same way im looking for a few bmw suvs i just dont wanna deal with time in transit if you come up with selling them let me know ill buy from you and your frommy buddies neck of the woods

·
Registered
467 Posts
I think you'll find plenty of interest. Inventories should clear quickly without price gouging. You'll certainly be seeing some business from me. The general price is going to seem high for much of the HW and JL camps. M2 is the only thing that comes remotely close on details, but they have problems getting things to 1/64 scale. Those details and the proper scale is where Kyosho excels. Collectors who value those characteristics may be something of a minority, but the numbers are growing. Definitely looking forward to updates on your endeavour.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I think you'll find plenty of interest. Inventories should clear quickly without price gouging. You'll certainly be seeing some business from me. The general price is going to seem high for much of the HW and JL camps. M2 is the only thing that comes remotely close on details, but they have problems getting things to 1/64 scale. Those details and the proper scale is where Kyosho excels. Collectors who value those characteristics may be something of a minority, but the numbers are growing. Definitely looking forward to updates on your endeavour.
What he said, I have great interest as well!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
myself im a greenlight and m2 guy but i do like the kyoshos i bought 2 froma dealer in china dabox toys i myself wanna buy from someone here in the usa not china if i can help it

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have some 1:64 Kyosho which I love! Would welcome being able to buy it from an American source. Be advised I pretty much only buy Mopar, Ford, GM, Jeep and VW which only makes up a small part of Kyosho's 1:64 output. Not sure how many here would buy the rest of Kyosho's 1:64 offerings though...

That said regardless of vehicle brand/type Kyosho is one of the most consistent I've seen in keeping their products all 1:64 scale.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
There is definitely a market for high quality die cast - especially at a competitive price. And bringing your offerings to the attention of a hobby site like HT is certainly the correct way of locating that market. It's a prime time too, because the readily available options of really good 1:64 in the U.S. are few, and serious collectors are starved for options.

I too would Love to see what you can bring to the table Franklin. Please keep us all updated with postings as your plans develop... With pictures, we like those!

·
Registered
166 Posts
kyosho

Kyosho is the best line out there for their nice detail.

As my pension permits I have thoughts of adding some kyosho SUVs and Sports cars to my collection.
Do they make any BMW5 or other 4 door sedans, Possibly a Porche Panamera with real kyosho detail?
Are they all American steering?
Please, keep the kyosho miniatures coming.

Thanks Again Hobby Talk.
Dave

·
Registered
170 Posts

As my pension permits I have thoughts of adding some kyosho SUVs and Sports cars to my collection.
Do they make any BMW5 or other 4 door sedans, Possibly a Porche Panamera with real kyosho detail?

Thanks Again Hobby Talk.
Dave
kyosho has a wide range of models, more than 30 sets has been released.
You will find what are you looking for in Mercedes, Audi, and many others sets.
No problem if Panamera is not released by kyosho, you have the Panamera from Greenlight with the same quality and lower price.

·
Registered
467 Posts

Thanks Again Hobby Talk.
Dave
You can look this over, Dave.
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=310289
That should be a sticky.

Pretty much all the road cars are left side drivers except the Japan and British makes. Apparently a tribute to origins. Not a lot of 4 doors (maybe a couple) or SUV's (I think 3 ?). But there are lots of nice sports cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts