Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That's right fellas! We're bringing back the oval crowd.

Friday, May 4th we are holding the "Bring Back Oval" race.

Registration will be $15.00 each, and will include two round of qualifying followed by the mains. Racing starts at 7:30pm.

Depending on the turnout, we will begin racing oval every other week.

...speaking for all of us :rolleyes:, I am sorry for the turn of events that happened early in this season. Speaking for myself, I hope it's not too late.... :confused:

Thanks,
Travis

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'de like to be there but that's the weekend of the Custom works Delaware paved oval championships and the ORL stop. At this time it looks like a full weekend in Delaware.

Here's hoping oval can get back there and on SATURDAYS so some of us from "down south" can make it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Racers were arbitrarily pissed off, and I am apologizing for it. No need to bring up the string of events, but that's that.

Travis

Weekend after sound better, yes or no?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
HorshamRCRacing said:
Racers were arbitrarily pissed off, and I am apologizing for it. No need to bring up the string of events, but that's that.

Travis

Weekend after sound better, yes or no?
easy travis no one broke out the you tube yet i just asked a question

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Alan Behler said:
easy travis no one broke out the you tube yet i just asked a question
I didn't speak that in any tone of badness... hahaha it was just a simple explanation for why I was saying sorry. No harm meant.

Anyway, as far as the schedule goes, does Friday, May 11th sound better?

Thanks,
Travis

·
Registered
35 Posts
honestly, i'm not looking to start anything but is there anything to the rumor that the place might change ownership? (that woud be a good help)

i would love for oval to return to horsham. the place is practically in my back yard and it is simpily an awesome facility. personally i think if you run 2 heats and a main you should charge $10. Would make for a nice friday night deal. and a good deal is what you need to try to get things started. $15 and 2 heats is more than any other track charges.

I think you guys need to come up with a better system for your onraod races for the walls so it is alot easier to change the track. the sytem you have now must take forever to change over. nowonder ya's don't want to do the oval. look at the snowbirds, how long does it take them to change the track. c'mon, not rocket science.

also, i would expect the owner to come on with an apology, his atitude is much of what caused the situation that happened. without that, good luck. the oval crowd isn't a real big crowd but theyre a tight group. there are many ovals racers close to horsham that would love to call horsham home but it'll take some work on horsham's part.

that's the way i see it, and thanks travis for restarting this topic. i really would like to see oval return.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Old School Race said:
honestly, i'm not looking to start anything but is there anything to the rumor that the place might change ownership? (that woud be a good help)
To our knowledge, ownership is not going to change.

Old School Race said:
i would love for oval to return to horsham. the place is practically in my back yard and it is simpily an awesome facility. personally i think if you run 2 heats and a main you should charge $10. Would make for a nice friday night deal. and a good deal is what you need to try to get things started. $15 and 2 heats is more than any other track charges.
$10.00 -- Deal I wasn't thinking when I wrote $15.00...

Old School Race said:
I think you guys need to come up with a better system for your onraod races for the walls so it is alot easier to change the track. the sytem you have now must take forever to change over. nowonder ya's don't want to do the oval. look at the snowbirds, how long does it take them to change the track. c'mon, not rocket science.
Now, of course. All systems have their drawbacks. The only flaw to our system is that it takes a while to change the track over. We are in the early stages of building modules, so all you have to do is pick them up and move them. Enough of this pinning BS, and changing over the track in four hours. Changing the system to something more widely used is not an option in my eyes. We developed our current system with the racers in mind. Cars rarely break with our walls, again every barrier system has it's drawbacks.

Old School Race said:
also, i would expect the owner to come on with an apology, his atitude is much of what caused the situation that happened. without that, good luck. the oval crowd isn't a real big crowd but theyre a tight group. there are many ovals racers close to horsham that would love to call horsham home but it'll take some work on horsham's part.

that's the way i see it, and thanks travis for restarting this topic. i really would like to see oval return.
Again, in my eyes. If you are talking about David's attitude, I am not aware of anything he did to potentially aggravate the oval racers. I believe you are referring to Terry, but if you aren't, attempting to get such words to come out of his mouth is going to be a waste of everyone's energy. He is rarely at the facility.

I hope to see you guys come back too...for obvious reasons.

Thanks,
Travis

·
Registered
243 Posts
Getting A good crowd on Fri. nights is gonna be tough, Traffic in any area is hard to swallow. I also live very close to Horsham and would love to have a place to race so close to home. What kind of schedule do you propose ? Starting to draw an indoor crowd at this time of year is also a tough one with outdoor racing starting shortly. Anyway I'd be willing to give it a go at Horsham if it happens.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks like it will be every other friday, May 11th being the first one, as long as the turnout is, I would say atleast, 15 racers or so.

As far as traffic, Gordie, I believe you live in North Wales, correct? Well if so, even with semi-bad traffic it takes me 25 mins to go down Hancock and across 202 then out through the development to welsh. right onto welsh, and all the way to Tennis road, go left. Go right on limekiln, then left on babylon. Bingo, you're there. You'll hit a bit of traffic at 309 and welsh, then should be semi-clear from there on out.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Horsham was fun for us last year before the Snowbirds (06) The facility is topnotch. I would be up for racing again at Horsham but within a few weeks outdoor season will be up running full steam. I hope this offer will be around the beginning of next years' carpet season.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I agree with Walter, this time of year is a bad time to start running an indoor attempt . Would love to see it in the fall / winter......... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I agree with Gordie in that trying to get something going at his point of the season probably won't work so well. Once the outdoor season starts very few will run indoors. They are pretty much set up, chassis wise and mind set wise, for running only outdoor. For now thou, I'd be interested in giving May 11 a run. Give us a "Taste of Oval at Horsham" to wet our appetite for the future fall indoor season.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Travis, I go down sumneytown pike until it turns into Norristown Rd,Norristown rd to a left on Limekiln Pike to a right on Babylon Rd and make a left at the entrance to the business campus by the Elementary school and BINGO I'M there. My traffic comment was for the other racers from NJ and afar trying to get there. Anyhow I'm looking forward to the 11th, See ya then. Gordie B. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gordie said:
Travis, I go down sumneytown pike until it turns into Norristown Rd,Norristown rd to a left on Limekiln Pike to a right on Babylon Rd and make a left at the entrance to the business campus by the Elementary school and BINGO I'M there. My traffic comment was for the other racers from NJ and afar trying to get there. Anyhow I'm looking forward to the 11th, See ya then. Gordie B. :thumbsup:
Sounds good to hear everyone is looking forward to oval racing on May 11th...can't wait to have you guys back!

Oh, and just so you know, that's the long way. Go down sumneytown to Tennis Ave and make a left....it's the first road after you go under 309. Then take that until it Tees off, at limekiln pike and make a right, then a quick left onto Babylon...much easier and shorter.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts