Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
revving my briggs 2 hp .. from idle i just throttle it to max (not connected to anything except #35 centrifugal clutch) it just bogs down probably cause i gassed it too fast. now i cant start it at all. valves are good piston good sparks, LOTS of compression, carb cleaner cant get it started either. pouring some carb cleaner into the spark plug hole helps some, but then it just does like 1 cycle and dies. took carb off, sprayed alot of carb cleaner into it. didnt work. took out the air mixture screw, cleaned it even it was new. going to buy a new carb, but b4 that any suggestions what happened?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well to be truth ful... lets start from the beginning. i had it from like january of 2007. bought from e bay from a guy. he gets a bunch of engines that he dont need for his collection. go tit for $60 . i got it, oiled it and gassed it. then i pulled the cord as hard as i could.... 50 pulls later it coughed and ran. 1 1/2 months out i found a easier. just pull cord softly for 2 times and then pull. always starts like this. ran at max lots of times. worked perfectly, oh yes, the choke was too big so it choked the engine so i put it on half and it worked perfectly... 3 days ago i pulled the choke alittle more and gassed it. whooom! it went lots faster than before. then i let go, and stopped it. after a coke i came back and pulled cord. started , then i might have gassed it too fast. i just pulled the throttle like crazy. it just died. i couldnet get it started , no matter how many cleanings, or pints of carb clelaner helped, the cleaner wasnt even getting to the cylinder, because i cant even hear it do one cycle gave it all a through cleaning... (block piston valves all) and it still wont start, put some carb cleaner through plug hole, pulled, one cycle onlly then died (not suprising sincei didnt put alot of cleaner in it. thats it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts