Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good set up for breakout racing. What are some good combos, ESC and motors. It will be carpet and paved. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Pretty much anything will work for breakout. If you don't have anything yet buy used motors. You don't need the latest and greatest. Some use a 13.5 in blink mode and adjust throttle end point down to keep from breaking out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
there is a science to breakout , i have won my share of races in that class and this is my basic. EFFICIENCY # one. we run a 110 ft race line to 180ft race line. 1st a 17.5 motor works best. set amp at 1.0 use a 2cell (shorty) if possible and a cheap one will last 2 years. gear i use a 125 spur and i think it is a 27 or 28 pinion. and move your radio TH more or less as you need. esc any blinky set esc..
don't for get the car must track well and handle very well. because you must hit the same spot every lap.(very important) , hope this gets you in the pack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts