Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted the following to their Facebook page asking the following :

So, I guess due to the lack of new 1/64's that it is safe to assume that Minichamps 1/64 line is no more! Major disappointment

Their reply :
yes we have stopped the 1:64 series

-----------

The following 1/64's planned have all been cancelled :
Bentley Azure - Bentley Continental Flying Spur - Jaguar XK Cabrio - Jaguar XKR!

·
Registered
279 Posts
It is a sad but expected news!
I realized long ago when I asked something about the show and they said they "were not allowed to talk about news in 1:64" ...

It's frustrating because I failed to pick up the SL65 AMG by Kyosho would finally think I found a Minichamps the better ...

But this is, in about five years they come back ...

That fall Minichamps!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me, the 1:64 market was probably the hardest hit of the diecast scales and currently has little hope for recovery, aside from some of the aircraft scales.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Minichamps 1/64 efforts never seemed to be a whole hearted effort and are hardly indicative of the 1/64 market as a whole. In the 1/64 market they were just a tiny niche of a well made product. I will miss what could have and glad of all the castings I was able to acquire. The last casting that I know of, the Fist 500 should be in hands later this month

·
Registered
994 Posts
Minichamps 1/64 efforts never seemed to be a whole hearted effort and are hardly indicative of the 1/64 market as a whole. In the 1/64 market they were just a tiny niche of a well made product.
You are correct that Minichamps's 1:64 efforts weren't a whole hearted effort, but I heard that 1:64 isn't even sold anymore in many European stores apart from Majorette/Hot Wheels/Norev because nobody buys any premium diecast made in that scale. And Minichamps is a German premium diecast company, so it was probably a easy decision to drop the 1:64 models.

·
7,829 Posts
You could be right on the European side of things. I have not seen much new from Siku or Majorette lately. I am not sure Grell is still making stuff which is a shame for I love the old eastern block cars. On the positive side I am hoping to get a good size batch of Norev and have the set of Top Gear cars on the way

·
Registered
279 Posts
You could be right on the European side of things. I have not seen much new from Siku or Majorette lately. I am not sure Grell is still making stuff which is a shame for I love the old eastern block cars. On the positive side I am hoping to get a good size batch of Norev and have the set of Top Gear cars on the way
Norev with Top Gear?
1/64?

·
7,829 Posts
No , two different things though to be honest I don't know who is the maker of the Top Gears cars is. The cars themselves are Maserati MC12, Pagani, Lamborghini, SLS, SL, and a Renault

·
Registered
467 Posts
So, will they store the tooling, or sell to somebody that will do something with them, or melt 'em down ?? I kinda think they would try to recoop the investment, but it will probably take some time for them to lower the price. I'm sure they'll want a fortune. The scary thing is rational thought doesn't always apply to these kinds of things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts