Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to drive to Town today (Only 200 miles, round trip) & stumbled onto some new, and some new to me HW's.
Found a bunch of the repaint '67 Shelby GT500's (Dark Highland Green), some '53 Cadillac's (Silver Blue) The Edelbrock '57 Chevys, and other assorted stuff. And Luckily, a Bunch of the new issue DeLoreans! :)

The New Ones Included this Bread Box (#13 for 2010):

with a transparent roof:

And this really cool Ambulance I had never seen before:

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I can't really tell from the pic, but does the Bread Box drawing represent the actual casting? I guess what I'm asking is if the casting has that triangular window designed into it. Either way, I'd like to get a couple of those.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I picked up the Ambulance Van today ...Pretty cool casting. Packed 1 per
case if you cant locate one yet. Be patient as you will see these a dime a
dozen Im sure as Mattel loves making a billion Cars.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't really tell from the pic, but does the Bread Box drawing represent the actual casting? I guess what I'm asking is if the casting has that triangular window designed into it.
The Answer to both of your questions is yes, yes the drawing is an accurate depiction of the diecast.
Yes, The windscreen is a triangular shape.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I like how the Bread Box has "Even faster Mail Delivery" on it... is it a mail truck, or a bread truck? Interesting to see how many different versions come out... like the combat medic/letter getter truck...

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
got the bread box today. pretty cool..but it needs customizing lol

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I picked up 2 of the Bread Boxes today. Looking through the large, lightly blue tinted roof panel, you can see a turbocharged 4 cylinder engine that is begging to be detailed out, or replaced by a big V8.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I think the term "bread box" was used for the bread delivery trucks similar to the trucks used by parcel services like UPS, FEDEX, and DHL.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts