Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if Arii models are any good...just found Bf-109G's for $12...wanted to know if anyone has built any arii models...specifically aircraft...

thanks in advance...

·
Oxidation Genius
31,283 Posts
Yup. They're older kits, but they're of acceptable quality. Not as good as a Hasegawa or Tamiya, but as good as a Heller or Revell.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Most of the Arii kits are very nice but be aware they are early seventies vintage. The kits were originally put out by Otaki and Arii purchased them when Otaki went under.
They were way ahead of their time because they have recessed panel lines. This means that they still compare well with current kits developed today. They may have simple cockpit or engine detail.
Now the 109 in particular is very good. I personally know two award winning contest builders who were using nothing but the Otaki/Arii kits. Also some of these kits were released under AMT in the 90's and probably could be had for very little at the auction site. AMT did release the 109, 190, P-40, P-51, P-47, Zero, Corsair, Spitfire Personally I have about a half dozen of these AMT 109 boxings. Get aftermarket decals though.

cheers,
Max Bryant

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info max...

im gonna be printing most of my own decals anyway...so deacals shouldnt be a real issue...im just trying to find the cheapest models that i can for my dio...id like to see myself get it done a whole lot cheaper than what i am thinking...

again...thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts