Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone i just wanted to tell everyone about a new banked clay oval track that just opened. it looks really cool but i didnt get to race on it yet. i hope to tommorrow night. i hope anyone close can give it a try cause i know it will be fun! heres a quick page i made for it with a bit more info.
hope to see you all there!

joe ivo

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey again just wanted to tell everyone that the track has been getting very smooth latly. it got rained out on friday but George the owner has been taking alot of time to smooth out the track. its close now to being excellent. trust me when i tell you that if your into dirt oval and live fairly close to this track then you owe it to yourself to give a try. i hope to have some pics of this track up before to long. till then go to the website and get the info on it. call up the owner for more info. this week im running a SK mod on the track with cut foam tires on it and i think it will work. thats how smooth the track is getting! hope to see eveyrone sooN! later

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
at the track they pretty much run whatever you want. i dont think they had a edm class yet but thats not to say if you bring yours you cant run it. the best bet is to bring a friend to race with just in case. its still very new and its growing still by leaps and bounds and the best way to make it better is to bring a friend if possible so everyone can see the track and hopefully everyoen will enjoy themselves. george the owner is a really cool guy and im sure he will do anything to accomadate you when you come up and race. friday nights is dirt oval and i think there doing offroad on saterdays. im glad you thought the track looked good. i hope to see you there on friday or sometime soon. let me know who you are if you want when there. later!!

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
7-23-04 Well most of the races got rained out sadly enough. but George the owner could tell that the younger kids that like to race there traxis's, (and whatever else they run) were bummed out big time that they coudlnt race. so every time it stopped raining for a bit they kept working on the track and making it good enough for the novice to still get there racing in! i think thats pretty cool of the Owner. Lets just hope next friday isnt as rainy cause i still gotta try out that SK mod to see how it works!. ok hope to see some new faces this up coming week. oh and check out the website its slowly getting more to it. now has a picture of the hobbyshop and i hope by this week sometime it will have pics of the CLay oval and the Offroad track. ok seeya

joe ivo

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey again everyone. had a great race night at LA speedway. a nice crowd and just barely got away with not bein rained out. for awhile it didnt seem to look as if we were gonna be able to dry the track enough. but once we got started it was great traction! Kenny and Tony Fisher showed up for the night and Kenny won his class. NIce job! and Kenny Pennel won the touring class. hope to see others next week. and the website should be a bit better by this week. seeya soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts