Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,When I was last at Wall Speedway,I was checking out the other cars in the pits.I came across a WCM Sportsman car with a "disc brake" set-up installed.can anyone tell me if this is available through WCM or was it an aftermarket add-on?? Does anyone have this on their car? Much better than the drag brake I would assume.Thanks for any info :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
brake

Dan. The disk brake setup was made back in the mid 90's starting with the K car. They were not nearly as good as some of the current brake setups we have today. They were hard to keep consistent thru-out there wear. I do not believe that WCM has any parts for them these days.
I may have one laying around in the back room, I'll check.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dan. The disk brake setup was made back in the mid 90's starting with the K car. They were not nearly as good as some of the current brake setups we have today. They were hard to keep consistent thru-out there wear. I do not believe that WCM has any parts for them these days.
I may have one laying around in the back room, I'll check.
Fred,Thanks for the flip.Other than the drag brake or whats left of the disc set-up,what else is there?? The drag brake works,but is there something better?? or revised?? I've got good servos,but always conscious of making sure it will stop the car.Thanks again. ;)

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Brakes?? Brakes are for sissies!!

I adjust mine so that it won't necessarily stop the car unless going caution speed but I can go to full brake under race speed, even in the corner without locking up the tires. This will allow you to slow the car to turn under another car or to avoid the pile up in front of you while still allowing you control the car. If they are set to lock the rear axle at full speed all you do is spin the car.

Also, if you set the ATL for the throttle on one of the dials (this is possible on the 3pk and 4pk) you can add more brake during the race if you need to if they have faded due to heavy use.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
with the amount of camber we use on the Rear Wheels/Tires. you CAN NOT use much brake. it will just spin out the car.

but I wish there were better brakes on these things.

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Just to toss my two sense in. We will have a car out next year for testing that will have an inboard mounted front disk brake set up. Brakes are for sissies ? lol So much to learn. I bet it adds at least one to two tenths a laps on the shorter flat tracks.

Oh and that camber you are talking about. I am taking care of that too. 2013 is going to be a VERY good year !

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Sounds good Freddie,
I am looking forward to see you getting it up and running.

I like the brake setup on the other car. but I understand it was not quite up to it looks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts