Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Stick with the CA glue!! JB WELD will tear up an expensive clutch bell once the pad wears out!! TIM knows what he is talking about!!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
pads are made to wear so the cluthbell dont bells cost about 90 bucks pads cost 25 cents and if your following willy you will use alot of brake!!

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Well mikey I don't know what clutch bell you use but all of mine are still just like they were when I started 3 years ago I have used C A and it came off braking under a fuel stop and we use a 2 cycle mix so unless your car is clean and you never spill any fuel or over fill your car or run the motor so lean it burns all the oil you won't have this problem but most of us live in a world were this happens so you will have oil on components and oil based products tend to get in crevices and work stuff loose

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Reason I use CA = quick dry.
JB Weld DRYING:
Allow 4-6 hours for drying before handling. Allow to dry overnight (approximately 15 hours) before putting object to use. J-B WELD works faster if used in a room with a temperature above 50deg F. After J-B WELD has cured for six hours, a heat lamp or light bulb placed near the weld will speed drying time.

Between race rounds you get what... 20 minutes? CA is quick and quicker with CA Kicker.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Owe and harmonics are vibrations caused buy the motor,track surface,tires etc from operation that are sent threw out the chassis of the car that can cause bolts to back out and stuff to be shook loose

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Tim I have replaced a brake pad with JB quick in between heat races and was all right oppions vary on who uses what and how it has worked

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
good point for the quick fixes between rounds, JB with a good pad between racedays and you shouldn't have any problems.

the JB has been well tested by me due to how lousy I drove(still) when I started

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
And if you need a finer definition of harmonics and get to a level over your head mike its when the vibrations reach a frequency that cause failure at that intensity in different areas of the object

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
You guys have brakes? I thought they were only used for the end of pit road.

Ohhhhh wait, I have seen some of those restarts that were rediculously slow. If the leader is doing that Jeff Gordon garbage, I can see where you need the brakes. ;)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
And if you need a finer definition of harmonics and get to a level over your head mike its when the vibrations reach a frequency that cause failure at that intensity in different areas of the object
har⋅mon⋅ics  /hɑrˈmɒnɪks/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hahr-mon-iks] Show IPA
Use harmonics in a Sentence
See web results for harmonics
See images of harmonics
–noun Music. 1. (used with a singular verb) the science of musical sounds.
2. (used with a plural verb) the partials or overtones of a fundamental tone. Compare overtone (def. 1).
3. (used with a plural verb) the flageoletlike tones of a string, as a violin string, made to vibrate so as to bring out an overtone.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts