Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never seem to remember this section of the forum is here, but I guess I should get in the habit of posting all of our races here shouldn't I!

Virus Racing and Proving Grounds announce Bragging Rights. This race is our first Short Course truck race and will happen on January 23 racing starts at 10:00AM doors open at 7:30AM. We will only run two classes of Short Course vehicles, Stock and Open Class, we will run the 4wd SC class if enough show up. All makes and manufacturers Short Course vehicles will be allowed to run. Three six minute qualifiers and six minute mains for each class. Presonal transponders are recommended, but house transponders are available. As the title of the race indicates, we want to know what SC is the best! Kyosho, Traxxas, AE, Losi, HPI, who is it going to be who wins the Bragging Rights?

Entry fee for this race will be $28 for the first entry and $15 for each additional. Trophies will be provided for 1st - 3rd place in the A, and B mains. Also, after the Bragging Rights SC race is complete, we invite you to stick around and run your SC in the evenings Electric Saturday night program for FREE. A whole day of racing, trophies, and best of all....Bragging Rights!

Rules for the classes are as follows:

SC Stock: ROAR rules apply. Aftermarket parts are allowed to replace the bulkhead, arms and outer hubs. Radio, receiver, servo and speed control may be changed. Motors in this class are to be the stock SC motors, 17.5 brushless or 27 turn brushed. Must use a stock size tire designed specifically for SC's. 1/10th and 1/8th off-road truck tires are not allowed. You must run a 2 cell LiPo pack, 3 and 4 cell packs not allowed.

SC Open: Open to ALL SC makes, models and custom built SC's, no motor restrictions, must be 2wd. Must meat SC specs on dimensions and use a SC chassis.

***UPDATE**

A few quick updates on the Bragging Rights race for everyone. We want to see a bunch of bad ass modified Open class SC out to race. We want to see as many of the 4WD SC out to race as possible also. Both of these classes are new, so that means they are the future of SC. Along with the fact they are new, rules are vague to say the least which is what we are all discussing right now. So here is what we have come up with for all of you!

Pay your first entry to race in Bragging Rights, $28 for the first class, and you can race in a second class for FREE. So pay for Stock and run Open class or 4WD for FREE. Run your Stock SC in the Stock and Open class if you want to. Two classes of your choice for $28! You can still stick around and run your SC in the electric program later that night for FREE. The A-Main and B-Mains will still get trophies for 1st - 3rd place! I hear other gifts and prizes may get handed out during the event too.

We hope by doing this there is less concern about if the rules will work out or not, but instead encourage everyone to hop up those Open SC and bring them out to see what you have got! Why not, its FREE now.

**UPDATE**

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Starting to sound like you local guys will have some competition next weekend. Got some guys from Canada, UP of Michigan, and Indiana coming up for this event. I am sure there are others, but those are just the guys who sent me emails so far. Been watching at least one person run 1/8th scale tires on their SC10. From what I have seen, I think that they are at a disadvantage. That thing looked out of control most of the race. SC tires seem to be the better choice, but thats just me.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got more guys from Indiana confirming they are coming up. Going to be a nice crowd from all over the area it sounds like. Going to make for some fun racing!

Remember, if you come up and race in Bragging Rights in the morning, your second class in the event is free. AND bring your 1/10 scale buggies and trucks so you can race in the evenings race program for free also!

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh baby, trophies will be done tomorrow afternoon! I will get a few pictures of them up once I pick them up. I was told they are SWEET!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts