Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just got the newest acquisition from "that auction site" in the mail.

The old Aurora "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" car kit. Partially built & painted, but nothing I can't easily redo. Only missing 1 small part, too... I can either let it slide, or (most likely) whip out the casting materials & pull a copy of the identical part on the opposite side of the car. (Thankfully, the parts aren't mirror-images of each other.) Other than that 1 missing step... everything is there. Box is in very good shape, as are the instructions.

Never thought I'd ever get hold of a copy of this kit... much less be able to get it for less than $100.... :dude:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Which now means that someone will re-pop this kit for sure.

Usually works that way when someone buys an OOP kit on that "place".

James :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I'm all too happy to be the "guinea pig" for the process... :)

(Hmmm... and PL is now owned by a company that loves doing car kits... and they do have a working relationship with Disney... )

NAAAHHHHHHH......

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
DinoMike said:
(Hmmm... and PL is now owned by a company that loves doing car kits... and they do have a working relationship with Disney... )
The relationship with Disney won't help much since CCBB was an MGM film.

Jim

·
Registered
258 Posts
Always a good feeling to get something like this. I recently got an old Aurora Batmobile built up pretty cheap from the e-place. It'll need a lot of work, but that's OK by me.

-Cappy D

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cappy D said:
Always a good feeling to get something like this. I recently got an old Aurora Batmobile built up pretty cheap from the e-place. It'll need a lot of work, but that's OK by me.

-Cappy D
Yep, got one of those myself a while back. Glue bomb, missing the arms of the figures... but I can still fix it up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got the model club version of Chitty a number of years ago (the only difference is it was shipped to members in a plain brown box, no box art or anything, or so I'm told). It seems to be pretty accurate but it sure could use some re-engineering. I haven't started it yet because just test fitting the boat hull requires a level of patience I can not maintain for long (mine's pretty warped). Love to see a reissue, but please re-engineer it first (do the molds for it even exist?)!

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SeoulWind said:
I got the model club version of Chitty a number of years ago (the only difference is it was shipped to members in a plain brown box, no box art or anything, or so I'm told). It seems to be pretty accurate but it sure could use some re-engineering. I haven't started it yet because just test fitting the boat hull requires a level of patience I can not maintain for long (mine's pretty warped). Love to see a reissue, but please re-engineer it first (do the molds for it even exist?)!

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea
I have a feeling that if the molds still existed at the time of Aurora's demise, that they would have been among the molds destroyed by Monogram as "unmarketable." (Assuming the legendary train wreck didn't get them)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts