Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you guys don't check the other boards so I decided to post a few close ups of the IROC here. I understand they don't come up too often. This one was factory sealed until it got to me. The BMW is from an earlier purchase.

·
Registered
763 Posts
It looks like you are having some fun hunting down all the BP related models. Has the Porsche Turbo in white arrived yet? Can you see the BP logo under the "3"?

:) :D :p

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It looks like you are having some fun hunting down all the BP related models. Has the Porsche Turbo in white arrived yet? Can you see the BP logo under the "3"?

Yes and yes. Practically impossible to photograph.

That little white spot or dent to the left of the 3 marks the outer line of the BP logo. How common is this Porsche variation anyway?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Nobody knows exactly how many were made. The only thing we do know is that because they were originally on a tight deadline with the set of 12 BP models for the UK promotion that after the prototypes were sent to BP for final approval production needed to get underway to achieve targets. The first 6 models began production and then BP told them they were not going ahead. It was never revealed just how far into production things got before it was halted, or even how many models would have even been made had BP done the promotion.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DT for taking the time to reply. It's really not that I want to resell them, but I'd like to know for myself at least roughly what I've got there. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts