Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its almost that time for the last big race in the southeast before winter. Its been voted to be a single day event but the track will be open Friday for practice. Good friends hot racing and cool gifts prizes will be awarded for this show.

Check out the flyer at www.lagoonparkrcraceway.com

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Terry Please click on lagoon in Daniel's post. It states fuel will be provided for 1/4Scale. Cannot answer if some will be available for sale.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
All Racers,
The BHMASR is two weeks away. Get your car ready and come on down to Lagoon Park Raceway in Montgomery, Alabama. The track will be open for practice on Friday with lunch being served at the track. Burgers & Dawgs will be the fair so come hungry and bring a good setup and some drinks.

Now we tried making all you Northern racers feel at home last year with the freezing temps but that ain't happening this year, temps should be low 60's to mid 70's and sunny.

So grab you trailer, racing partners, hook em up to the truck and come on down on Friday. Power hook ups are available but if you need to run the A/C, crank your generator, please.

Sportsman if you want a chance to race aganist the best well they'll be here. The top five racers from the NCS series should be racing.

Hopefully the GN guys will show up just like they did last year and put on a driving clinic.

The Super Trucks will be burning off their tires just getting around LPR and making some fast laps to boot. One of the most watched races and crowd pleasers from last year.

The Sprinters should be here as well, what a show they put on last year.

The Limited Sportsman put on a Great show last year and this year should be no different well maybe exceptional!

The GASCAR 1/10 NITRO racers will be there. If you have not seen these cars with the new engines well you better hold on to your hat, these guys are faster! Besides the 1/4 scale racers will be the turn marshalls for this race and there inlies more excitement. Concrete feet and fast cars don't mix.

A good time will be had by all and a great benefit for Boyd's family so hopefully we will see you there.

All I ask is you drive Safely coming and going to the track and have a good time racing. See you in two short weeks.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
any fast cars coming???? just curious wondering if it would be worth my time to take the old lightning out for one more fast day a the race track!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Since you mentioned wall... how's the soft wall holding up down there? Is it ready for a new front sheet? I've got an awesome video from the NCS of a head-on collision that both the car and the wall survived!
my wall killer is back in one piece, hope its fast enough

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
don't know about the soft wall, I found that harden reinforced section off of 2 wide open the last time I was down

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
for those spending a night or two, looking at the rates on Yahoo travel, the LaQuinta Montgomery has rooms for 49 a night. La Quinta on Carmichael(next door) shows for 55. Both are on the south side of I-85 exit 6 or 3 miles south of the track. I stayed at the cheap on last year and it was alright for the price. I think they had a remodel earlier this year about the same time of the ncs race and those staying there was bumped over to the other. I think FastEddie can comment on both of them

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
LOL... I've been there myself. At the NCS, I got rolled then ended up into it. I'll see about puttin the video up of Orin's head-on if I can figure out how to rip it off the dvd.:thumbsup:
Tim the wall is great, checked it out personaly last SAt, still working to perfection!

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
always use the redneck video ripper Tim

play it on the tv and videotape it, :tongue: lot of that on youtube

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
LMAO ... I damn near puked when I read this. I have to be honest, I did record something off the TV with a video camera about ten years ago...LOL.

The video I have is taken from pitroad and his car going directly into the soft wall. Shows a pretty solid lick that in most cases a chassis would be wasted. I'll try to get it up on our site soon.
always use the redneck video ripper Tim

play it on the tv and videotape it, :tongue: lot of that on youtube

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Looks like I will be able to make it down next week. Does anyone have an extra Sportsman air filter adapter that I could purchase or borrow for the weekend?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts