Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past, I built every Trek model there was, except for Spock. One of the reasons I enjoyed them so much was the awesome package art. My fave was the Galileo, then Enterprise, then the UFO.
Over the years, and thousands of ebay auction watching, I've only come across one graphic suitable for resizing into a wallpaper.
Last week someone posted a link in the "Anybody ever see this guy's stuff?" thread which really got me thinking about all the cool box art.
Then it dawned on me that some of you might have the originals and can take a nice big pic of the box top which can then be made into a wallpaper for all to enjoy.
Attached is the Galileo I found a few years ago. The original was still in shrinkwrap, so I did a little Q&D fiddling in Photoshop to make it look better.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Thanks Toecutter! Its now my desktop. Wow the memories.

Speaking of the kit...I wonder if it will be re-released as well?

"Remember the Night Rider when you look at the night sky"

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Speaking of the kit...I wonder if it will be re-released as well?
The Galileo Shuttlecraft and Romulan ship kits both qualify for totally new tooling, rather than a re-release. My feelings of nostalgia are overridden by the terrible inaccuracy of both kits when compared to the original studio models. I certainly wouldn't mind having similar box art, though, reflecting the corrections.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hey, I was just thinking the other day how great it would be to have posters of the box art from models of old!

I always kicked myself for missing the original ERTL boxart paining for the star trek 4 refit - that kits was my first trek model and pretty much, the origin of my trek obsession from the age of 11.

Currently trying to get ahold of a kit to scan in and clean up the image - don't really need the ship, so that'll be going back on eBay!

steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts