Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mark and Rich are two great guys, what can I say. Mark's package arrived a short while ago today filled with feiry little JL's:

'67 Camaro
'69 Camaro
Kopper Kart
'66 Charger
'58 Corvette
'70 Plymouth GTX
Kiss Stock and Funny cars

Plus a rubber tires version of the new Futura!

And also inside the box was the Matchbox Greyhound bus I had as a little kid that I wrote about in my seasonal/and other diecast memories post. A little piece of my childhood that I've frequently thought about has come home to me. RAOK's don't come much better than that. Thanks guys, these cars have instantly become the most important pieces in my humble collection :)

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
You're very welcome, Robert. It was obvious the moment I saw it that it was destined for you. Glad that it fills a special place to you. And Mark was more concerned about finding BWFs for you on that road trip than he was about his own needs. Truly one of the most generous members HT has ever had :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Just want to clarify something. Rich is the RAOKer here. I was helping Dragnet_Supporter out with his BWF collection, but it was a cash deal.

I had a lot of help from several guys here on HT with my BWF collection, especially Rich. I'm always happy to help out a fellow collector. :thumbsup:

Hey Robert! You have a LLLLLLLLLLLLLONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG way to go with your BWF collection (but ya got a nice jumpstart!);)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've tacked the bus up on my wall inside the little bubble it came in. I had a couple of conversations about it. My parents, who dropped by tonight remembered it right away as I had that bus right up until my early to mid-teens. We tried to place exctly what became of the original, but came to no specific conclusion. It was also the subject of a phone conversation with my brother, who recalled the white interior seats (something I didn't actually remember until I saw it again). My brother also confessed a fantasy of wanting to be able to shrink and hang out inside that bus as a kid. I think that's something we all probably thought about our little cars.

And I've got a couple of display cases ready for the BWF's. There's always a part of me that admires the nicer cars inside the bubble and debates whether I should open them or not. But in looking at the Kopper Kart and '69 Camaro (which are loose), I am even more amazed at the detail OOP...so the others will probably follow suit very shortly and be hanging on the wall right below the bus. I love the silver mixed with the flames on the Kopper Kart and suggested to my wife that the next car we buy should be black and have those exact flames duplicated on it. A suggestion she wasn't in love with. Do you think it's rediculous for a 43 year old man to drive around in such a car?

·
Registered
255 Posts
DS, Absalutely not!! If I had a cool car with "HOT" flames on it I woulden't think twice about driving it.And I'm only 46. Obiviosly Wifey wouldn't be with me :tongue: PS I see your not having any problem getting your mail. Thats a good thing :rolleyes: ZF :wave:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZINGER FREAK said:
DS, Absalutely not!! If I had a cool car with "HOT" flames on it I woulden't think twice about driving it.And I'm only 46. Obiviosly Wifey wouldn't be with me :tongue: PS I see your not having any problem getting your mail. Thats a good thing :rolleyes: ZF :wave:
Thanks...but what if the only car you could afford might be a PT Cruiser? I've seen a few of them that were dressed up nicely...but would a BWF design like on the Kopper Kart be too nice of a frosting for such a common cake?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts