Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,I'm working on A Polar Lights Big Refit and I have a question.First off I'm concentrating my painting on the exterior of the model.Once the Secondary Hull is built.Does the Botanical Garden details really stand out.Since I am Building it with Exterior painting I may just glue in the Aborteum and paint the windows from the Inside Clear Blue from Testors.Please let me know how much it at all if you can see any detail.Thanks,Guy Schlicter.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You have three areas where detail can be seen from the
outside, the garden, the VIP lounge and the rec dec. If were to pick one that you can see the most detail it would be the garden. The windows are large and if you build it like the plan, the trees, etc are close to the windows and easy to see.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,I will paint the botanical garden following the kit Instructions.I will not paint the windows on the exterior so you will be able to view the interior.I think it will be a very nice feature once painted and glued in place.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think that areas such as the arboretum & the VIP lounge are one of the more fun parts of this kit because (apart from plans in books such as Mr Scott's Guide To The Enterprise) you never really see them in fine detail on screen so the interpretation of what is in there & what colours should be used is very much up to the interpretation of the modeller.
I'm with you, Guy. Leave the windows clear so that your visitors can see your undoubtedly impressive gardening skills.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts