Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I borowed one of your guys diecasts for a slotcar body. This Chevy truck was a Target exclusive. It's great because it's a plastic body. I would like to buy a couple more if there's any extras' out there. Send me a PM please. Thanks...RM

I scribed in some door lines, sprayed on some primer...

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
That is sweet! Nice layout as well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Awesome work, Hilltop!
Those scribed door lines are pure perfection! I like the red oxide primer...it looks cool just like that!
I'm looking forward to see how this one comes out.
Maybe if you find more of those you could leave it chrome with the HWs logo, it looks sorta neat in it's fresh off the pegs look.
Make sure you show us pix of this one when completed!
LMX

·
Registered
63 Posts
The only thing I can think of when I see this is " drive it like you stole it!" I love it. an I might have a couple of those truck let me see.
Steve

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Love the Dio. :thumbsup:

Your doing a great job on the Truck but one thing I noticed was the 2nd Pix,
you scribed in the door jams but looks like you forgot about the Pilar. Pilar
doesn't line-up with the door jam. Just a small adjustment I see to fix.

Keep up the great work :thumbsup:

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one thing I noticed was the 2nd Pix,
you scribed in the door jams but looks like you forgot about the Pilar. Pilar
doesn't line-up with the door jam. Just a small adjustment I see to fix.

Thanks guys!!!
I wandered who would catch that!!! Yea the scribe line needs to go around the top and down the window pilar, but being so small, didn't want to take a chance on screwing up. Maybe on the next one??? Besides, the bed needs to be detached from the cab, the lights don't work, hood & doors want open, and she also runs on electricity instead of gas. This one doesn't even have seats or interior, but It'll serve the puropse...

Carlos, the characters are from diecast packs, ebay search "Winner's Circle Pit Row" The engine stand, car rack, Pepsi machine, creeper, are scratch built...RM

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
The engine stand, car rack, Pepsi machine, creeper, are scratch built...RM
That makes it that much better! Great job all around!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I got a big chuckle from the "Money you could have saved.." always moving to a different spot in your pics. I can't give a big enough thumbs up on making such good customs that scoot as well as look so realistic.

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again guys!!! I finshed up the Chevy. I turned this one into a "slotcar" or "slot truck" I guess you would say. I cut out all the inside and glued in some chassis mounts. I made a rear toneau cover from a textured CD case, to replace the original Nascar style. I cut, used, and repainted the diecast front bumper, but the rest is plastic, which was great for lightweight. Happy New Year's Eve to all...RM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts