Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I freed this one from it's platic tomb just to take the picture, and was immediately disappointed. The year axle on the side facing the card was bent. This one deffinitly didn't go through quality control. I straightened it slightly, but still hangs down about 1/16th of an inch from the slot. Just goes to show, you can have a very nice looking casting sitting in the bubble for years, only to open it up and find it damaged. Looks like I should've used that close up setting on this one...slightly blurred on me.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Now I've got a better shot of the car and the background is obscured. Is this one of those issues with the flash getting in the way? I'll have to check and see if I can turn it off.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
just found out my wife gave our batteries away to the kids in the hood, around Christmas.:freak: My camera needs em...

I gotta Hawthornes Muster house that I wanna shoot for your thread

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's one of my favorites too. Rob, I know the feeling on the battery score. Just bought this camera and the batteries conked out after less than a dozen pics.

I like the way the lighs from the house reflect on the roof of the casting in the first blurred pic. Now if I could combine the reflection and the clear background from the first photo into the second one, I would be happy.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Dragnet_Supporter said:
I like the way the lighs from the house reflect on the roof of the casting in the first blurred pic. Now if I could combine the reflection and the clear background from the first photo into the second one, I would be happy.
I like the way the second pic looks. The blurry house in the back adds to the whole effect. You get :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for that and for using my favorite version of that casting.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
darkwiz said:
I like the way the second pic looks. The blurry house in the back adds to the whole effect. You get :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for that and for using my favorite version of that casting.
Thanks, DW. I'm still learning.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
Now that is cool! I bet my wife would LOVE that Michael Myers figure. :devil:
That's exactly what I was thinking, I can see him sitting between 'Leatherface' and 'Ariel' from 'The Little Mermaid' (Wierd taste in movies)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stupidsquirrels said:
That's exactly what I was thinking, I can see him sitting between 'Leatherface' and 'Ariel' from 'The Little Mermaid' (Wierd taste in movies)
Wives are just that way, aren't they? You'd never catch me mixing my genres like that :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts