Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The boot sale today was huge, but only a few stalls had diecast - I still got some Superfasts that I'd been looking for for a long time, the Jeep CJ6 and Mod Tractor with intact engine. I also got a very nice Saab Sonnett for about 10p, and a late Dinky dumper truck

I also found a Mira VW Scirocco, but need some doors for it - anyone have any?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
What an interesting mix of vehicles - such an amazing spectrum of diecast fun. While I can recognize most of them, I have a few questions:

In the second picture, what is the white ambulance vehicle? Is it modelled after a real 1/1 vehicle? It looks slightly familiar to me.

Also in the second picture: who made the little lime green copy of the Twin Mill in the lower left of the picture? (If it's not Mattel, then whoever it was sure had some major chutzpah to reproduce such a well-known Mattel trademarked vehicle, if it's not licensed.)

And that little car carrier in the upper right of the first photo is almost too cute for words. Who produced that one? Would you mind posting a close-up photo of it? It's got me a bit enamored, I think...

Congrats on such a cool haul, and thanks for the photos!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The white ambulance is a Healer Wheeler made by Corgi - I don't think it's based on anything particular

The lime green Twinmill copy is made by Playart, they also did a copy of the Torero too

Here's the Matchbox Superfast No.11 Bedford Car Transporter

I also have a greeny version of it but this one was new to me

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
If you can't find any doors for your VW, you could always make some out of some aluminum sheeting and then clue them on if it's going to be a banger racer.

crafty

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
mookie427 said:
The white ambulance is a Healer Wheeler made by Corgi - I don't think it's based on anything particular

The lime green Twinmill copy is made by Playart, they also did a copy of the Torero too

Here's the Matchbox Superfast No.11 Bedford Car Transporter

I also have a greeny version of it but this one was new to me
Thanks for your answers. I think that the Healer Wheeler must be reminding me of a Bertone or Pininfarina concept vehicle of the late sixties. (Or else maybe something I saw in a Gerry Anderson episode!)

I can't believe that I've never seen the Matchbox Beford Car Transporter before. I thought I was fairly well familiar with vintage MBs. Oh well, maybe I saw it as a kid and ingored it at that time, because of the tiny plastic cars - they would not have appealed to me then, but they sure look cute now.

Those are all great finds - thanks for sharing them with us.

I've got to take some time to go to the flea markets around here and see if there is anything interesting available!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Nice finds,I see a few that I also own. What is the blue 4dr in the second pic,the one with the scratched roof?

I can't wait until flea market season....

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
moparnut-I believe the blue car with the scratched roof is a Lesney Matchbox Mercedes

dodgeboy-I think the blue hatchback is a Rover (British brand)--I have a Corgi of the same car in 1/43, looking at the wheels on that one, I think it's a Majorette

--rick

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Very nice. I still have my Saab Sonnett and that blue Mercedes from when I bought them brand new a long, long time ago!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You might have a hard time finding origional doors for that Mira VW; you will probably have a better chance on finding a that car with doors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts