Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is going to sound odd maybe even crazy. i want add a boost like nos to a elc car.

i got an idea but i dont know its will work. the idea is using a compasster (think i spelled that right. charging it up and putting a mico servo on a shock tower or somewhere to run the switch, and wireing it right to the motor.
you only get one shot.

but the only thing is idk if it will hurt the speedo or not.

·
Registered
321 Posts
not to much up on electroinces < spelled wrong lol .. but a diode would stop the power from goin back into the ESC .. but i wouldnt try this as i see sparks and fire for some reason lol ..but hey if it does work let us know ... i might try and blow up a esc sometime lol ...
o the other thing the CAP i would think have to be hugh in size to the ones like from old tv or microwave ovens to give the amps to give the punch you might be looking for .. again iam not a wiz with this stuff ..

·
Registered
524 Posts
It is possible yes a cap from a tv will work but it will have to be about a 50volt cap but the microfared will have to be a crazy size.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so it should be done. its just getting the right power to it. i know some esc come with a cap i would not see why it would not work as long as your not going over the power limit of the esc. it would be like the punch form you get form a dead stop i would think.

got a i got and old speedo with a 27 turn motor i can spare. will get it a try and see

·
Registered
386 Posts
Curious to see if this really works. Let us know! I don't think it would be at all ideal for racing applications, but might be cool for bashing.

·
Registered
321 Posts
the cap with some ESC i think is for line noise or noise form the wires that might interfear with the reciver . i not think it is a boost setup .. we use caps in that way on radios and such to cut thenoise down ..

if i think on this you would have to put the cap on plus side only . not both leads ..

power from ESC plus side to motor and the input side of the cap .. the output of the cap on a servod switch as u said then toplus side of motor . but again the added volts rememebr diodes ..as iam not sure if the added volt hit will go back into the ESC .. tho again iam no electrionces xpt at all .. very very basic on knowin what each thing does designing is another world lol

ESC Plus side---l-----------------------------motor
l
l--Cap -servo switch ---motor

ESC negitive side to motor
not sure this would work

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well yea it was ment to go to the plus side, idk i will look into it and see what happens when i use the old esc and motor i have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts