Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Looks like a Dash VW bus on a T jet chassis!! Wow!!! I'd have to say Boosy got a sucker on the line!! I know Faller made one originally, but I'm not sure if that's a Faller chassis.. I will say one thing though... If it is a Faller, I'm pretty sure he'd mention it. Also, reading into it, I don't see the flower decals he mentioned.. Think he needs his eyes checked!! :lol:

·
Banned
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I usually agree about anything boosa puts out there, but i'll play Devils Advocate on this one...

Not really seeing what he's done that's overly out of line here, he lists a mint silver and blue bus with a t-jet chassis. There is no mention of rarity. To me it looks like a nice bus on an aurora chassis, but it doesn't appear to me on this one that he has sold it as anything more than that.

That being said, I disagree with ton of the stuff he sells, this one isn't one of them to me.

He either has a newbie bidding that has gotten carried away, or it's simply his own shill bidders trying to pump it up. We've seen lot's of stuff go for way higher than expected and scratch our heads, this is one of to me.

Ok, off to put some t-jet chassis under my VW buses and get them out there! ;)

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
That's clearly a Dash unit, in one of the cooler color schemes. I'm seeing it on some narrowed AFX mags and some silis....oooooooooh....

...but I digress. Thats an open rivet tuff ones chassis with an AW guide pin AND what appears to be an AW crown gear. Note how the teeth actually look like they are angled back towards the axle center as they reach the tip of the tooth? The gear's color is off too! Those dont look like either Aurora screws or the new ones that Dash provides.

Like Marty sez, ole doosh bag usually walks a very fine line between fantasy and fiction using his amazing power of subliminal suggestion and trickeration.

Personally I think he uses a strategy where in, if the foofy description and half truths dont get enough of them to bid it up, he employs one of his schills to run it up the pole a bit and fleece some poor noob into happily emptying his wallet.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
I don't ebay...

... but couldn't someone who has a User ID pose the applicable $102.50 question(s)???

a) Dear Mr Boosa, Is this a brand new Dash slotcar body and not a vintage or custom body?

b) Dear Mr Boosa, Aside from the chassis, isn't this one you are selling here exactly like this (see link) that somebody else on ebay is selling for like $4 ? Why is yours worth so much more?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dash-Motorsports-VW-Bus-Steel-Blue-w-Silver-Top_W0QQitemZ120480867100QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSlot_Cars?hash=item1c0d38231c

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Sure, anybody can ask, but boosa doesn't have to post the question or response on his auction. He can just respond to you without anyone else knowing the question was asked.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Toldya I don't do it... ebay that is... what a shame. Sure the bidder might have gotten carried away and buyer (noobs) beware... etc etc.... yeah yeah yeah... but things like this stink to high heaven. You'll never convince me otherwise and the very reason I will NEVER do ebay. nd

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
... but couldn't someone who has a User ID pose the applicable $102.50 question(s)???

a) Dear Mr Boosa, Is this a brand new Dash slotcar body and not a vintage or custom body?

b) Dear Mr Boosa, Aside from the chassis, isn't this one you are selling here exactly like this (see link) that somebody else on ebay is selling for like $4 ? Why is yours worth so much more?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dash-Motorsports-VW-Bus-Steel-Blue-w-Silver-Top_W0QQitemZ120480867100QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSlot_Cars?hash=item1c0d38231c
The issu ehere is he does not mention it is either custom or vintage... It's worth whatever people are willing to pay. I suspect shill bidding, but if someone gets carried away and wants it that bad without doing any homework, it's pretty much on them...

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Guys,it is an auction,say he does have a shill bidder crank it to the moon,if another bidder doesnt bid..it doesnt REALLY sell,and he has to pay the $bay fee for a high dollar shill auction.Ebay is not HT,it is seen by every person in the english speaking world,and therefore gets some of the new collectors/racers nearly everydayI know that guys on here post when they score slots on the cheap,no one says shame on you do they?I am in no way defending Tim's (boosa14,nate3457) sometimes rose colored glasses auction descriptions,just saying if you dont like an auction or auction site(ebay) simply dont bid.
Without ebay alot of people wouldnt have slots they really wanted.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
As much as I hate to admit it, it really isn't Boosa's fault. If there are two uninformed bidders or one and a shill, the blame still has to lie with the uninformed bidder (s). They are doing the clicking. Most of us (myself included) have learned something the hard way. Myself more than a few times for it to sink in.. I just find it amazing he manages to get these uneducated people to bid his stuff up so high. I recall an AW red 59 sell for over 100.00, and a black one for over 210.00. :freak:

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
These are the same two guys who don't bid on my stuff when I list auctions - lol :freak:

Maybe I should slap one of these Dash bus / vintage chassis deals together and do a BIN for $50 - har!

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Normally I gloss over the ebay threads...

There are many terrific deals and many straight shooters on the bay (true). However, this one is egregious. It's not what has been said... it's what hasn't been said. How about just mentioning the actual brand? Your gonna tell me he doesn't know? Is there something to hide? If your a noob and don't know all the brands... maybe you should (true)... maybe you need to do more homework (true)... but the seller omitting that tidbit of information certainly doesn't help. Looking at the bid list it might very well be shill-city (Bidders:2 Bids:11Duration:7 days). Either way... it still ain't right and compared to his normal "colorful" listings... this particular one is indefensible. There is a sucker born every minute (I agree)... but taking advantage of that situation even a few times... is still wrong. I never enjoy it when it happens at my expense, and I see no upside when it's at somebody else's. That was my point of posting. nd

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WHOA! is all I can say. I wasn't looking for all of this when I saw this guys auction I just thought it was hilarious because from what I knew of it Dan over Dash was making those bodies but I don't claim to be an all knowing slothead so for all I know there really was an old version of this somewhere out there and this guy had the real deal. Thing that makes me wary is I've read several posts here talking about this guy and some of the shady things he's done in the past. Glad I'm not one of the poor slobs that bid on this thing. For all I know he really has a ton of id's and he's doing a bunch of shill bidding.

Oh well.

Cheers,
Xence

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
It is amazing how he always finds these suckers errr people. You or I could list the same car and sell it at a loss because it had 2 looks and 1 bidder. Even if there is a shill bidder there are some real bids in that total, anything over $25.00 is too much imho. If you got the body at cost in the 5-7 dollar range and a 10.00 nos chassis, a guide pin most likley free from the old j/l cars figure in ebay and paypal it is just about a break even deal. 30.00 would be a hit in my books. Last one like this I sold went at a loss.
( not a vw van but a similar dash / aw chassis car)

In other words old P.T. was right.........

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
The big bad woof eats bunnies....duh

Dunno much about nuttin'...

You can debate and banter until Hobby Talk's server melts down in agony. Legislating the man's morality is not our pervue.

Let's all keep in mind that Boosa is cheap entertainment for us, but for some of his victims it aint very funny. I call your attention to a few years back when some poor bunny paid, Tim-er-Nate (momma always said to avoid people with several aliases) er whatever his name is, $710 bux for a really poorly built "Grampa's Dragula (not to be confused with our Dragula-aka Chris). Seems like that poor bunny paid two bones plus for an AW 'Vette as well.

...and for the record I do agree with buyer beware to a certain degree; given that we live in the inflamation...er....information age. There's really no excuse for booben' yer wallet empty. However, much like the venus flytrap this seller's schtick proclaims many sweet flowery things until the trap is sprung by some unwary noob who just happens to be skipping down the bunny trail.

IMHO, this sellers actions dont balance his proclamations. I ask myself if this is the type of stewardship our hobby needs? My underlying thought has always been that he gives our beloved hobby a black eye regardless of what color shades you view him through. :cool:

In the end I agree that it is a free country and he has the right to "free enterprise" as he see's fit (until he's not...er changes his alias...LOL!); just as we have the same right to call bullcrap when we see a great big steaming pile of it...

...that way we dont step in it!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts