Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a great day at wallyworld yesterday after work. Walked in to see the pegs of Hot Wheels looking the same as every day...Nothing new. Then I looked at the BOD YES there was six cases of untouched happiness! Found 3 different Treasure Hunts (Ford GTR, 62 Chevy Truck and 92 Mustang) 2 $uper Ford Focus' and a TON of Mystery Machines. I grabbed two of the Scooby Vans and left the rest for others. There was also Year of the Dragon Rodzillias, red Angry Birds, and numerious other cars like Monster Dairy Deliveries (Boy they are small). I did not see any Bats though...Shame I really would like to get a couple of those.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Congrats on the finds.
I got to one of those new BOD when another guy was looking too. He said he was getting stuff for a buddy in another state. He already had 3 Mustang Ths so my wife and I grabbed everything we could before they left the state. He had the Focus $uper in his hand and put it down. I grabbed it and didn't tell him what it was. My wife fusses at me for educating others on what to look for since that adds one more that can grab what I'm looking for.

·
Premium Member
9,265 Posts
Nice Haul Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Found some bats nearby (got 3: one for each boy and a nephew-they're pretty cool) but would love to get my boys the Birds! I'll have to go back and see if there any more bats, if so can we make a trade?

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Found some bats nearby (got 3: one for each boy and a nephew-they're pretty cool) but would love to get my boys the Birds! I'll have to go back and see if there any more bats, if so can we make a trade?
I'm sure that there will be lots of guys buying the "Angry Birds" cars just to resell them at a profit. I hope they don't get in trouble with eBay, etc. for "Flipping The Bird"! :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm sure that there will be lots of guys buying the "Angry Birds" cars just to resell them at a profit. I hope they don't get in trouble with eBay, etc. for "Flipping The Bird"! :D
I'm sure you're right, that's why I asked if he was willing to trade. I fell into that trap once in my life...back in 2001. I owned a 98 Civic and really wanted the HW 2001 FE Civic. I paid too much and then saw them hanging the day after I received it in the mail. Never again.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Wally World I stopped at (which has the all-the-time BOD near the back service desk) doesn't look like they ever got any of the new stuff that was going around last week. I wonder what happened?

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Excuse my noobie ignorance but what does "BOD" stand for?
Bin Of Death. Of course, those are the big square bins that Hot Wheels sometimes can be found in. They're notoriously hard on the cards.
Thanks guys for asking and answering that question. I had wondered about that too. I've heard them called "Dump Bins" a lot more often.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The acronym that took me the longest to decipher was MOMUSLC. That took me a day or so before I figured it out. :tongue:

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll see if there are any left

1 - 17 of 17 Posts