Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Boogie Vans: downhill racing - 1/4 mile track!

I have series 1, a couple marvels, and the blue one (with the white and red banner, which I can't seem to find).

With the exception of Rubber Wheels and White Lightning versions, have they only used one wheel type? All of mine are the same.

For those who do downhill racing, have you found that any particular casting/version is more consistant on the track? I copied this list from Lightning Lane for refreshing memories.

Series 1
75 Dodge D-100
76 Ford Econ. 100
76 Chevy G-20
77 Ford Econ. 150
77 Dodge D-150
77 Chevy G-20

Series 2
76 Dodge D-150
77 Dodge D-150
76 Ford Econ. 150
77 Ford Econ. 150
76 Chevy G-20
77 Chevy G-20

Series 3
76 Dodge D-150
76 Ford Econ. 100
76 Chevy G-20
77 Ford Econ. 150
77 Dodge D-150
77 Chevy G-20

·
7,461 Posts
The denim van seemed to do good this year in the van bracket. I think that it ended up winning the class.

Mr Fleetwood, wasn't it you? can you confirm?

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
My best luck was with the series one Dodge van that was grey, not sure which one it was

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Kenny Kaos said:
The denim van seemed to do good this year in the van bracket. I think that it ended up winning the class.

Mr Fleetwood, wasn't it you? can you confirm?
I did win a class in the gravity races..With the Blue, red & white flag striped Dodge van.
I got a medal for it finishing,It was a late entree, the others...Ford,Chevy,monopoly Dodge..Were all eleminated in there heats.

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
markkaz said:
Did any winning Boogie Vans have the racer's edge/lightning speed wheels?
The above mention BoogieVan did have the RacersEdge tires...The only van entree I had with them.

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I found the Boogie Vans at KB's. Several had the Racer's Edge wheels. I got the RWB Flagged-striped version too. I know I already have that one in my collection but I can't find it. I am doing a cool test and hope to have information to share later in the week. If not, then early next week.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, Tuesday, we will find out exactly how fast these things can boogie down this hill :)

We are getting ready to shoot an episode for "Mythbusters" to see exactly how fast a toy car can go!

Those familiar with the show will recognize the hosts, Jamie and Adam. Yeah, that's Scottie too. She's really nice!

Today was just measuring the slope and doing some preliminary taping.

I brought a 1/4 mile of track. Special 25' long sections.

You'll have to wait and see why the Viper showed up :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts