Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any tracks run the BoLink Legends cars? And if so, what are your general rules? Motor and battery rules? Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Pro Hobbies Speedway In Orlando Florida run legends cars on Monday night rules are 1700 batteries spec tires and he hands out his own motors to race on for more info call
Pro Hobbies Speedway at 407-886-4615

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
There are a lot of tracks at least in Indiana that run the Bolink Legends on oval. Generally speaking the car needs to remain box stock. Some tracks have gotten away from running box stock, but that is what the car was meant to be. The motor would be the Trinity Street Spec motor with 4-cell Trinity Spec stick pack batteries. Tires are usually Spec foam or the Original Bolink Tires. The car should use the stock bushings, axle, and spur gear. By keeping the car as box stock as possible it makes the racing closer.

You should check in your local area to see what rules they are running.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
they run legends at K&N in CT. 1600 4 cell spec packs, 21T spec motor, any gear any tire, any electronics, most run with a nascar style body instead of the legends bodies, not a rule just personal preferance.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The RC Barn (thercbarn.com) runs them. We run 2000 6 cell stick pack, stock motors, spec tires, and the legend bodies. More rules can be found on the website.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have just started the class using any 4 cell under 2000 mah and we are having a hard time finding a suitable 4 cell spec pack to even the playing field. May switch to 6 cell??? Not too concerned about tires, must have one of the legends bodies on them and must use a 540 stinger or tamiya black motor. Which brings me to another question...............are these two motors the same? I thought the black can tamiya had less turns? 19 maybe? Specifically what motors do other tracks use?

·
Registered
898 Posts
We race the legends in West Branch Iowa and the rules are box stock and motor, tires and 4 cell battery are all spec.

·
Registered
255 Posts
SlowRCride said:
What brand of 4 cell spec packs do some of these track use? Trinity maybe?
Go back up and re-read post #3 from IndyRC_Racer. Box stock is the only way to go when racing the Legends cars. That is what they were meant to be, Spec Racers, and part of the reason for the existence of the Trinity spec stuff!

chad w. :cool:

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
we do too in the pittsburgh area, 21 turn, 4 cell spec packs, box spur, spec tires, legands body. all you can do is change spec tires or pinion

·
Registered
211 Posts
In East Tennesse we race our "Legends" in a 6.0 break-out class. This keeps the cost down and the fun up! I use an old motor, a stick pack, last years tires, etc. We have fun, It's great for the new racer and racers running a second class. Don

Run what ya brung and hope ya didn't bring too much (break-out).

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bst said:
In East Tennesse we race our "Legends" in a 6.0 break-out class. This keeps the cost down and the fun up! I use an old motor, a stick pack, last years tires, etc. We have fun, It's great for the new racer and racers running a second class. Don

Run what ya brung and hope ya didn't bring too much (break-out).
This sounds pretty cool! I like the idea. It's kinda like bracket drag racing. I assume the 6.0 is a six second lap correct? And what happens if you do "break out" ? Disqualified?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Right, 6.0 is 6 seconds and if you go below 6 seconds your lap doesn't count. It makes for fun racing, anybody can win, even the new guy with the slow car.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Rush & Son RC in Henderson,TN Box Stock, spec motor 17/81 gear, spec tires, 6 cell 1600mah stick batt max, entry level electronics, and Mag Jr or equivalent Radio max allowed. Fun for all and $250 to $300 to get started. Tracks get a package deal set up for legends class as cheap as possible and have a packed class every race day. It's a fun class to run and not be so worried about every little detail, just charge them and race...........

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
SlowRCride said:
Do any tracks run the BoLink Legends cars? And if so, what are your general rules? Motor and battery rules? Thanks.
Marshall's Hilltop Hobbies has a good legends class, I don't know what there rules are but give them a call I think they open at 12. The # is570 729 7458.

Doug P

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
This is the funnest class I race. I have been beaten by 6 to 65 year olds. Anybody can be the king of the night. You won't be disappointed getting into this class. S/k class is another real fun class.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
gettinn beat

KDarc said:
This is the funnest class I race. I have been beaten by 6 to 65 year olds. Anybody can be the king of the night. You won't be disappointed getting into this class. S/k class is another real fun class.
Hey,- :dude: it aint over yet,(you gettinn beat by old guys!!!!)You bring that Legend's kar down to K&N and i'll put the "BOOTS" right toyah!!!! with my Tranny car.You'll go back to NY with your tail between your legs,and thats a promise :cool: :wave:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts