Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
They've been around for at least the last three years or so. They don't design pan (oval) cars any more, but still put out drag car and Legends chassis. Rick Jordan (the "RJ" in "rjspeed") used to work for Bob Rule back in the day at the original BoLink.

They used to rule the Whip ;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
legends

has anyone made up a new set of rules for legends class to deal with the motor and battery are no longer available

·
Registered
736 Posts
some of us have gone to 1s 4000mh 25c lipo packs at rosewood this year. we are still running the spec motors, cant seem to get them to go the brushless route yet. the 4 cell guys are running 20t pinion, 1s is running 35t pinion. we are still playing w/ the min. weights, but are at 33 oz for 1s, and 39oz. for 4 cell now. they seem to run close overall. the 1s seems to pull hard up front, but falls off more at the end than the 4cell. some of us have talked about it, and we all seem to agree that the new havoc 1s system w/ either the 17.5 or 21.5 will probably be the most economical ($149). plus this is a fixed esc, no programming like many of the others, which would be more in the spirit of the class.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Jimmy-
Rick has just released a new 200 mm pan car. They stayed here a week ago Friday and brought one for several of us to examine. It's based off an earlier u-plate design, runs the battery up the center and has independent front carrier plates that will permit caster and camber to be added. Although not left side biased for oval, it would make a perfect spec car for many tracks. Like oval racer said a spec motor/esc such as the Havoc, the 25c single cell, name the body style and go racing. He has also released a COT body. Check the site.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Ahhh....been a while since I seen the Web site :D I'm hoping that maybe RJ will design a competitive *oval* car, on par with the HD's, KSG's, LE's, Darksides, etc. I ran nothing BUT BoLink back in my Whip days :D

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
some of us have gone to 1s 4000mh 25c lipo packs at rosewood this year. we are still running the spec motors, cant seem to get them to go the brushless route yet. the 4 cell guys are running 20t pinion, 1s is running 35t pinion. we are still playing w/ the min. weights, but are at 33 oz for 1s, and 39oz. for 4 cell now. they seem to run close overall. the 1s seems to pull hard up front, but falls off more at the end than the 4cell. some of us have talked about it, and we all seem to agree that the new havoc 1s system w/ either the 17.5 or 21.5 will probably be the most economical ($149). plus this is a fixed esc, no programming like many of the others, which would be more in the spirit of the class.
I ran at a track last year with my legend. Their track rules were the spec pack with spec motor or spec pack with 13.5 novak geared the same. They were identical on the track for a 5 min race. I ran all spec, and the same caliber of driver had the 13.5 in his with the 22t pinion and they were the same speed and punch. I would like to try 1 cell with 13.5 and the spec gearing.

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
I actually have a legends kit new in the box... I'm just waiting for them to go all lipo and brushless at our track until I build it and race it.

Anybody ever raced these things on a smooth asphalt pavement with the spec foams? Interested in how they work on asphalt.

Bill

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Bill, ran them alot, on flat asphalt back in the early '90 when they frist came out, still go one I run on flat concrete once in a while. They work well on asphalt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts