Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Teddster here. Hello everyone !! Hope y'all are keeping the glue on the model and NOT THE FINGERS !! Getting ready to modify my first die cast. Being over 60 I like to work on the 1/18th size. My problem is do you solder the metal pieces after modification or use glue or what??? I am going to chop the top,section it and pie cut the hood. Just wondered if I need to weld,solder,glue or QUIT ??? LOL

REMEMBER,WE NEED TO GET THE YOUNG GUNS INVOLVED TO HELP CARRY ON OUR HOBBY !! I WOULD HATE TO KNOW THAT THE HOBBY DIED A SLOW, PAINFUL DEATH !!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I use JB Weld for all my metal bonding, and some plastic work as well.
It's the best cold weld on the market. It makes great body filler too.

HR

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
JB Quick for me also.After the quick sets up i do use the 24 Hr on the inside for a extra strong joint on the chopped tops. Lots of fun heres a few 56 Flashsiders Chopped

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Just got out of the VA. Had a bad heart attack. I am doing OK now so I need to get back to trying to customize one of these METAL models! I have 2 closets FULL of plastic models and a bunch of die cast.Customizing metal is a new experience for me. I sold JB weld for years having worked in automotive parts stores for 35 years ( I hate the NEW stores, if it isn't in the computer they don't have it ) and NEVER thought about using it !! Again, thank you for your help and I will give it a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts