Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to try my hand at customizing some cars. What are the best tools to use and what is the best stuff to use to bond parts together and what is the best type of body filler?

Dave

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Hi Omega,
It all depends on your particular direction of travel, I would probably start with Joez,s hippy treehugger thread post #585 it's a great tutorial for resin casting. Bounce on up to Bill Halls Model Murdering thread as there is a ton of info between those 2. The modeling forum is total eyecandy on builds from some of the finest craftsmen I've seen anywhere. Take your time as most of the fellas are very explanatory on their projects follow from top to bottom. The modeling forum ihas answered many .. Many questions for me and if you can't find it or you get stuck throw a post out there. Enjoy the reads it's one of my favorite places full of information and totally cool ideas. ... Have fun with it !!

·
BANNED
8,209 Posts
some easy to use with minimal shrinkage putty is automotive glazing & spot putty.
bonding parts really depends on the material they are made of. there are many different plastics to take into account. 5 minute epoxy and J B Weld are favorites that bind most anything including unlike materials.
reading the various threads often reveals the preferences of those writing the thread and creating the bodies.
hopefully those folks will weigh in here with specifics and details too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts